The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a GPS for hunting. What is the best brand and model for around $100?

Garmin eTrex H?

·
Premium Member
24,045 Posts
ACEarcher said:
Garmin E-trex IMO

Does more than i ever need!! Enuff waypoint features etc. & bottomline gets me back to my truck!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
The Etrex is simple rugged and cheap. I owned one and never had a problem with it. It may not lock on to satelites as quick as a WAAS enabled one or have an electronic compass. It has 500 waypoints,routes, and track features.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I use an Etrex backed with an old Silva compass.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I have used my E-trex Legend for about 8 years now. I use rechargeable bateries & carry an extra set when I hunt. I have the case w/ a belt clip and keep it on my bib strap so it points up. It does loose connection from time to time but usually regains the fix quickly...

I'd recomend any e-trex to the price watching hunter but I feel the newer 60csx would be a good investment and worth saving for.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I got a Garmin Venture HC from Walmart on line for $130 give or take, but it has a colored screen, and does more than I know how to do.
It gets satelites quick and is very accurate.

·
Registered
465 Posts
i got the garmin e trex color screen off of amazon for a little over a hundred i think, works great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts