The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished near Stevensville last Saturday, I was very surprised to hear & experience that there were very few stripers around (within site of the Annapolis bridge). I can't blame the captain, it seemed like ALL the charter boats were concentrating on catfish; anyone targeting stripers was heading 2 hours south. Last year things seemed a little off, but for years before this had always been a slam dunk trip. Yes, just smaller schoolies, but it was a fairly quick drive, and kids always had a blast. Interestingly enough there was a young guy from Maryland DEC asking a lot of questions and taking measurements on both catfish and stripers.

Any thoughts or conspiracy theories welcome. I'd like to keep making an annual trip there & supporting the area/marina.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Everything is messed up due to low salinity. A year and a half of above average rain has things screwed up. I did my first trip to the upper bay lower river this morning. Water was high and stained. Fished for 3.5 hours and only got 2 hits but both were keepers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts