The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Strange as it sounds a spoon/blade bait ripped just above the weeds. (There is a lg spring that feeds the area.)

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Down Deep Husky Jerks
Lucky Craft Staycee
Megabass vision 110
Blades
Float and fly
Maybe a 6 or 10xd
Jigs
Tubes

I keep ten rods on my deck, ill try them all till i find something that works

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
most likely a drop shot with a strike king floating finesse worm, or a wacky senko. ice out cant come soon enough! im getting the itch to go bassin!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone had luck using crayfish? And if so... alive, dead, just the tail, or what? I have never used them before, but last summer had some of my friend's kiddos playing in the creek that runs through my back yard and they put about 40 in a bucket in less than 10 minutes(I put them all back in the water after they had their fun).

I was considering going out there and getting a bunch to go bass fishing with as I've heard bass enjoy them.

How do you hook them? Through the tail?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
They work great for bait, if they're not big enough to eat myself. Live, whole crawdads work best (unless your catfishing). Hook them through the tail so when you retrieve they look natural swimming.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
You wanna learn how to catch big bass on crayfish read bill murphys book, in pursuit of giant bass. If you dont hook them in the beak and choose the tailhook make sure you dont go through the vein or they will die.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
On a side note I just got myself a new 7' fenwick med/lt to throw those little 65 series jerkbaits and drop shot. Im getn rid of my last so so rod in the boat. Keeping the old one for buddies who want to try bass fishing but dont own their own gear.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Early spring: Jerk baits with 10 seconds of pause between subtle jerks and super slow dragging soft plastics. Tubes or Al Winco customs.

·
Registered
773 Posts
No is this just on the lake or is anyone getting out in the smaller (safer lol) streams no or soon?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Potter Co. Joe said:
I'm hooked on Tubes, and so are the Smallies.
same here, i just match em to the local crawdad population. Ill also try some large grubs or bucktails as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts