The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you people who are feel so strongly about boycott this, boycott that, and say you will boycott any vendors who don’t pull out of the ESOS this question is for you!

If the PGC doesn’t pull out, will you put your money where your mouth is and boycott the PGC next year by not buying a hunting license? Let the exceptions and excuses roll on…just like some of you defended the NRA for not pulling out until recently.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
While understanding the premise of all people "pulling out" of this show, and the passion and firm stance of attendees boycotting, I for one could care less what the PGC does in this instance. I WILL buy a hunting license next, and all subsequent years. From my hunting perspective, I can care less what happens at some goofy outdoor show.

·
Registered
20,873 Posts
I personally wouldn't boycott anyone that didn't pull out.It's easy to sit back and judge someone that stands to lose a boatload of money.However,those that did boyott and lost a bunch of money just deserve a great deal of respect for their stance.

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
dce said:
I personally wouldn't boycott anyone that didn't pull out.It's easy to sit back and judge someone that stands to lose a boatload of money.However,those that did boyott and lost a bunch of money just deserve a great deal of respect for their stance.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
They should pull out. Out of all the sporting agencies or outdoor agencies they should pull out.

That said, they may not. They are a state agency, beholden to the rule of being neutral in the public trust. Politicians take sides - not the agencies they oversee. So taking this action might be a stretch for them.

That said, nothing says they can't support their core demographic in this issue. More so as a great deal of the activity they oversee is done with firearms of one kind or another.

At the very least, they should be given the message that sportsmen would appreciate them taking the non-attendance position.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
They are a state agency with employees who must try to remain as neutral as possible even if their true feelings go one way or another. Its that way with all LEO. We are constantly being put in situations where you really don't want to be but have to because its your job..

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Would drip of irony, no ? if the PGC took a stance, or issued a statement on ESOS banning Semi-Autos... AK this or AR that. After all, those arms are banned by the PGC from hunting. And as far as I know, the PGC controls Game and hunting.... not sport-shooting ?

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tdd said:
dce said:

I might think twice before I buy from a vendor that doesn't pull out, but I definitely won't hold a grudge like a lot on here.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
>That said, nothing says they can't support their core demographic in this issue.

Their core demographic is all citizens of the Commonwealth of PA. The GC needs to stay out of politics and focs on their mandate to manage the wildlife resources of PA.

Gino

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Stan, you know full well that as a state agency the PGC cannot get involved in this kind of thing, regardless if they agree with the boycott or not. They are not the same as an individual or business exercising their right to protest.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
dce said:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Most are not going to loose a dime, they can write it off as a loss. They paid and did not make any profit. The small guy who goes every year is the 1 being hurt by this.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Alpine Shooter said:
Most are not going to loose a dime, they can write it off as a loss. They paid and did not make any profit. The small guy who goes every year is the 1 being hurt by this.
That’s not exactly correct.

True, the fees can be written off as a loss and normal business expense. But that loss is a tax deduction – not a tax credit.

So, they still will lose money, which will be very tough on the little guys.

·
Registered
18,703 Posts
dce said:
Yep.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Longie said:
Alpine Shooter said:
That’s not exactly correct.

True, the fees can be written off as a loss and normal business expense. But that loss is a tax deduction – not a tax credit.

So, they still will lose money, which will be very tough on the little guys.
That is what I am saying why hurt the little guy, this show is not going to change politicians stance on guns after all these killings. How do we know the reason black gun owners were asked not to show there guns? Maybe the government is moving faster than we think.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Why hurt the little guy? Because freedom isn't free, if people aren't willing to lose something or give up something in order to prevent an overly aggressive government attempting to water down our constitutional rights we may as well all fold our tents, gather up our guns go to Washington DC and lay them at the foot of the Washington monument and ask the founders to forgive us, we are cowards and we allowed the Republic to be taken over by a bunch of wimpy, knee jerk socialitst. There are Americans now, as we sit at out computers giving their last measure to serve the republic and the only thing they will get is a flagdrapped over their coffins, and you want to throw up your hands because some people will lose some money.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
There may be a post you can find somewhere regarding surrendering our 2nd amendment rights, this isn't it. Why don't you tell us how attacks on our 2nd amendment rights will make life better! There are more people killed by handguns than semiauto rifles, that will be the next thing they will come after, there are more people killed with vehicles than firearms so your analogy between speed limits and firearms is apples and grapefruit, that dog don't hunt. What you are proposing is an appeaser attitude, ask Chamberlain how that worked out for him.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
John S said:
Why hurt the little guy? Because freedom isn't free, if people aren't willing to lose something or give up something in order to prevent an overly aggressive government attempting to water down our constitutional rights we may as well all fold our tents, gather up our guns go to Washington DC and lay them at the foot of the Washington monument and ask the founders to forgive us, we are cowards and we allowed the Republic to be taken over by a bunch of wimpy, knee jerk socialitst. There are Americans now, as we sit at out computers giving their last measure to serve the republic and the only thing they will get is a flagdrapped over their coffins, and you want to throw up your hands because some people will lose some money.
You said in another post that PGC employees can't take a side. They are indivduals too! Just because you work for the law, doesn't mean you can't speak out against it when the need arises. Or does it? Is one's oath, stronger than their beliefs?

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Steely Ran said:
John S said:
You said in another post that PGC employees can't take a side. They are indivduals too! Just because you work for the law, doesn't mean you can't speak out against it when the need arises. Or does it? Is one's oath, stronger than their beliefs?
Not when they've retired!!!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts