The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that there is a topic about lost things. How about telling us what you've found.

I found a few geocaches, a few grunt calls, a couple having sex...quietly vacated the area. Nothing really cool.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
While turkey hunting found signs of some kind of sadistic ritual. Rocks in a circle with some sheep and goat heads inside it. Got out of that area quick. Blair Witch of Bucks County??

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Old pocket book with ID and maggots! Turned out to be a stolen purse from several years before I found it.Glad there were no bones!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
My best friends uncle owns 24acres I have permission to hunt. He inherited it when his uncle was only 17. Any who their is some really cool stuff back their. It's all super thick dense cedars. Their is some old old old farming equipment back there. Like horse drawn carts a 1947 milk truck (makes an excellent blind when the weather is bad). I'm sure if you went through with a metal detector you'd find some really interesting stuff. Found some ammo, sheds, buck skulls with antlers on them from years before (not my kill), a few hats, shot arrows, illegal (at the time) bait piles, trash, a few old dumps that had some old coke bottles and beer cans. Odds and ends. Northing ever really amazing.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
hunt4ever said:
While turkey hunting found signs of some kind of sadistic ritual. Rocks in a circle with some sheep and goat heads inside it. Got out of that area quick. Blair Witch of Bucks County??
weird. i never find anything interesting in the woods. i guess ill have to wander around some sgls for a while.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
back in high school, buddy and i were out scouting for spring gobbler, were working through a thick swamp w/ lots of hemlocks to get to a nice flat on the other side. came into a high/dry/open spot in this swamp and there was a shovel, buckets, and a couple bags of peat moss. not even remotely close to any houses or camps...all we could think about was somebody was gonna do a little "farming" if you know what i mean. (for those who dont...plant some weed!)

·
Registered
820 Posts
I found a box from a weather ballon with some gadget in it with a return address in it for the national weather service. A couple hunting knives and old bottles.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Small tackle box with a dozen or so lures in it while hunting a swamp in the Adirondacks. Had to have been there at least a couple of years.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
When I was younger we used to hunt up Clinton Co. We found some old bottles and things were the CCC used to put up their camps when they were building the trails and roads. We could generally tell where they were by all of the apple trees in the different areas. My Dad found a very rusty old 30.30 leaning up against a tree once. I'm sure there was a good story behind it by the hunter that lost it, but don't know what it was.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My buddy found a folding knife two years ago. 20 minutes after he found it he was gutting a doe with it.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I'm trying to think if i ever found anything worth mention. aside from the various shot up cars, buckets of railroad spikes...a pile of wimmens clothes, and countless turkey feathers...nothing cool.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I found my 357 revolver after I had realized it had fallen out of my insulated overalls front pocket. I almost had a heart attack when I realized it was missing! Luckily it was only missing for about 5 minutes! I only use a holster to carry it in now while hunting.

·
Banned
265 Posts
Found dozens of arrow heads, two long abandoned real log cabins, complete with cast iron dutch oven, skillet, and a couple of knives that were so deeply rusted that the blades broke when we tried to scrape the rust off.

Found a chunk of rust that looks like it might be a Colt percussion revolver but it is so deeply rusted that we can't really decide if it is a Colt or something else.

Have found too many mini-dumps with old medicine and liquor bottles, crockery, spoons and forks and knives, and other old "household" stuff out in the empty woods. Can't figure out if these are small, private dumps from pre-WWII hunting cabins or what is left from an old homestead that was abandoned and reclaimed by the forest.

Have found so many dead deer skeletons with arrows in the wrong place that I quit bow hunting before I had a deer jump the string and get lost to die in agony.

Terry

·
Registered
986 Posts
Was with my dad one time in turkey season and we found a savage over/under I think it was 20 gauge and 22mag musta fallen off a guys 4 wheeler or something..Im pretty sure he still has the gun to this day..oohh and I found a mtn lion

·
Registered
398 Posts
A few knives, grunt tube still in the box. Camo face mask. A one dollar bill stuck to a tree at head level on SGLs.

·
Premium Member
23,997 Posts
Jaron said:
I see that there is a topic about lost things. How about telling us what you've found.

I found a few geocaches, a few grunt calls, a couple having sex...quietly vacated the area. Nothing really cool.
A foam seat i left behind from prior year!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
First day of rifle season in 1997, I came upon a dead doe with 2 bullet holes in it. It was at least a day or 2 old...just starting to bloat.

Also found a filet knife by one of the creeks in the area.

And my uncle Mark's stash......A tin of kipper snacks and 2 Old Mills.....2 miles from camp.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts