The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
I agree with a lot of the opinions. I missed watching baseball though. I could care less about the team or league but I like the game. Pretty boring turning on the tube at night to watch fake reality tv, fake outdoor channels or doom and gloom news channels. I’ll take a buccos game over any one of them.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Sports was never thing with me.
I remember as a child telling adults that wrestling was all fake. They thought I was crazy.....LOL

Less sports on TV gives more time for Covid propaganda to be pushed by the MSM.
Hunting season can't get here fast enuff.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Taught me it is ALL about the money! Owners don't give a rat's a** about players or their families!
Of course it is. It's a business. Even the college sports. We the fans romanticize it. I don't worry about the players or the owners and their families. They will be just fine if they have a brain and took care of their money. What about the vendors, parking attendants, ushers the general real life Joes who are out of work and make their livings in that market? Wing said it well.

The economic impact of stupid year 2020 will soon begin to rear its ugly head and I for one won't be thinking about how much I miss baseball. We will pay for this nonsense for years..........sports? Meh............

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
So far I've learned that watching hockey with no fans is a lot better than baseball with no fans.

I think its the ebb and flow of the game. A one run game, two on, two out, and there is a 10-pitch at bat. The buildup of the crowd noise, just to reset it after fouling off the pitch. No crowd, just not the same.

Hockey, players zipping around, up and down the ice, the crowd kind of fades into the background.

And I heard great idea. Hockey is looking at a 5 second delay so we don't hear f-words on TV. Have an Adult broadcast where we get it live! I'd pay $5 for The NHL Adult Broadcast of a playoff game. I'd probably learn a few phrases to add to my arsenal.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
I can’t invest much time or thought into sports right now. Too much unrest in this country and still no way of predicting what direction we’re headed with COVID-19. How can I have the same passion for the NFL with a possible radical Democrat takeover and a major spike in COVID come fall ?
I will probably still watch hockey and football but not in the same way that I always have. Not even close.
I have also made a promise to myself that if the Steelers honor BLM in any way, shape or form I will write them off forever. Can’t be a fan of a team that supports a racist/Marxist organization. They will have spit in the face of my values and everything I stand for if that were to happen.

·
Registered
17,042 Posts
sports is a business. these players arrive on the field which is their "office" their "work station" or what have you. try doing what they do at your place of employment and see if you get away with it. work is for work, not protests. if these spoiled brats really stand with the people, they should get out and carry signs with the rest of them !!

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Elk I have friends and family that are cops . BLM chants death to cops and fry them like bacon. They want them defunded. Their leader said if they don’t get what they want then they will burn it down. They are a racist and hateful organization with a Marxist agenda. I am very offended by their message and it’s unbelievable that anyone would consider bowing down to them. How can I can continue to support professional sports if they are willing to support such a radical organization that hates cops and hates this country ? We have very different definitions of what it means to be a snowflake.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts