The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is that it? Is it lights out and nothing? Or, is there an afterlife? Do we get to see our loved ones again? Is there Heaven? Hades? Purgatory? Limbo? Reincarnation?

What do you think?

·
Registered
20,191 Posts
What a heady topic to post here in the clown column.

Quite contrary to my catholic education and upbringing I think its lights out.
The concept of flying around on a cloud and hanging with God and those we knew in our former life sounds nice and gives reason to try and live a good life here on earth but I don't see it being that way.

Once my family wanted to talk about what I wanted when I die.
Did I want to be burred in a Vet or catholic cemetery, did I want to be cremated, (my youngest daughter wanted to get me stuffed)
. I told them they could stick a ham-bone up my butt and let the dogs drag me away, what would I care, I would be dead.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
We go to a place where eating large quantities burgers, bacon, ice cream, and drinking beer have no negative consequences.

·
Administrator
30,135 Posts
What Happens When We Die?

In the case of comedians that "die" onstage, most just get a day job and are never heard from again. Unfortunately, a few are hired to write for JOTD.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
Your body is made up of energy and energy never dies. It just takes different forms. So I imagine your energy keeps on keeping on in some form or another.

Or, "Mr CreepyPasta" has it nailed down?

https://youtu.be/ehJ6Zfkp7V4

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
This is a topic that I have struggled with for many years now. I grew up Catholic and still go to church when I can but somewhere down the line I began to doubt things. It's just so hard to fathom that there is an afterlife when science is taken into consideration. I want to believe there is a God and a heaven but just find it difficult these days. I am hoping there will be something in my future that will aid me into being a true believer again. Only time will tell.

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
About 25 years ago I had a friend who died while undergoing a knee operation. Too much anesthesia. They brought him back and he said there was nothing. He didn't know he was dead. No floating around the operating room. No tunnel of light. Next thing he knew they were reviving him on the operating table. The bad thing was that it damaged his heart to the point where he needed a heart transplant. He eventually died as a result of the knee operation.

Also, he showed me his discharge papers from the hospital. There was a box that asked in what condition was the patient released from the hospital, dead or alive. He laughed and said, "I'm glad the alive box was checked."

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Most people do not understand about GOD...He is everywhere and he is very good beyond your greatest imagination and very powerful beyond your greatest imagination..Why so much turmoil for us??? It is just a test for each of us and when your test is over you will meet GOD... How do you prepare to meet god??? You need to believe in the above until you die.. The bible says most of us perish in [censored]...This is not true..The bible is just a story book but it is gods book...

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Hope there will be more responses in this thread. It's just hard for me to wrap my mind around it, especially when I think about all the cruelty that takes place towards the children of this world. Why would God allow some to live a long happy life and allow others to suffer ? Especially the innocent.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
5,000 yrs from now on the Discovery channel there will be some archeologist digging up our bones trying to figure out why we buried our dead in neat rows in boxes and why most are dressed fancy.

My end goal is to be burned then loaded up in shotgun shells .... Take that you geese !

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
To anyone who says they KNOW what happens to them when they die, I say PROVE IT.

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
good ole boy said:
My wifes a Nurse and says what happens when you die is that your body relieves itself of it,s bodily fluids.In other words you poop.
Yeah but what then? Do you sit up and say, "that's a load off my mind?" Or, "I'd have been here sooner but I had to drop a deuce."

·
Registered
20,191 Posts
steelhead125 said:
Hope there will be more responses in this thread. It's just hard for me to wrap my mind around it, especially when I think about all the cruelty that takes place towards the children of this world. Why would God allow some to live a long happy life and allow others to suffer ? Especially the innocent.
Someone told me once that MAN is the only living thing that knows it is going to die. It is the only thing everyone of us here has 100% in common, without exception.
Only time it ever bothered me to think about that fact was when my kids were young.
Whatever happens they are going to have to come and drag me off in chains.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
dc 21 said:
good ole boy said:
My wifes a Nurse and says what happens when you die is that your body relieves itself of it,s bodily fluids.In other words you poop.

Yeah but what then? Do you sit up and say, "that's a load off my mind?" Or, "I'd have been here sooner but I had to drop a deuce."

·
Registered
151 Posts
1 - 20 of 67 Posts