The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what grunt call do you use? or do you feel is the best? i'm looking for a call to use in illinois?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I've got a few friends that have the buck roar by primos. I actually like the tone on the call. It is very versitlie. I wasen't however a huge fan of the fex tone calls. They didn't sound right just MO. I use my first grunt call. It is a varible Halley Caller Tube. Can't even find their stuff anymore. I even cut the reed a lil more and can great make some great calls.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I use an all wood call made by Mark Rainbolt. It's just like the call pictured but in Walnut. I had Mark make me mine for IL as well and I had good results with it. The call is adjustable by sliding the "O" ring to the desired sound. It adjusts from fawn bleat to mature buck.
Mark can make them out of just about any wood you like.
The other call in the pic is tube call for turkey.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I use the Buck Roar by Primos. It is by far the best grunt call I have used. It also has a snort wheeze which I used alot and called numerous bucks in with it. It is definetly worth the $20.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
MAD Buck growl, It makes real nice grunts. Never used it as a growl. Called in several small bucks & a couple huge ons too.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
ACEarcher said:
I've got a few friends that have the buck roar by primos. I actually like the tone on the call. It is very versitlie. I wasen't however a huge fan of the fex tone calls. They didn't sound right just MO. I use my first grunt call. It is a varible Halley Caller Tube. Can't even find their stuff anymore. I even cut the reed a lil more and can great make some great calls.
I like the Buck Roar as well. After I shot my six pointer a few years ago, I had a big 12 pointer walk up to me trailing a doe. Well I thought here is my chance, I gave him the roar, his ears went straight back, the hair on his neck went up, and he started walking stiff legged towards me! I was shocked on how I ticked him off!

As far as the Hally Caller stuff, look here >>> http://www.hallycaller.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=009&DEPT=1042471441&BACK=A0011A1E01042570845E1

http://www.hallycaller.com/

·
Registered
979 Posts
I just got the Primos buck roar a month ago so ill see how it works this fall...cant wait to try it!!! Sounds great!!

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
I like HS's True Talker and the Primos Buck Roar....I use both.

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
MAD Buck Growl

i have many but this thing makes some nice grunts and really allows you optimum control of varying vocalizations.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts