The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set up a farm on Tuesday that I've trapped for the last 5 years, every year I get 4 or 5 reds in 7 to 10 days and then pull. I've seen more fox on the farm this year than ever. Since Tuesday I've had no action at all till this morning when I got a nice male coyote in the location I got 3 reds last year. First one ever on this farm. Do you think coyotes ran the reds out? The farm is about 35 acres woods and 70 acres field. To my knowledge nobody traps the surounding properties. I've caught both on other properties at the same time just don't know where they got too.

·
Registered
999 Posts
The more coyotes you have the fewer fox you will have.
Coyotes will kill any fox it can, just like wolves will kill any coyote they can. It really is a dog eat dog world.

·
Registered
306 Posts
That coyote might have been passing thru and the reds should come back kinda on a loop. That's what I have noticed before on my line anyway.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
montana bound said:
The more coyotes you have the fewer fox you will have.
Coyotes will kill any fox it can, just like wolves will kill any coyote they can. It really is a dog eat dog world.
This is profound information. It just CAN'T be the same here as it is out west concerning foxes and coyotes....it can't it just CAN'T!?! Are you by chance a novice? (not directed at you montana bound...just stirring the pot with others.)

Tis the season!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts