The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12 years ago, I owned a Remington Model 1100 12 gauge shotgun with a vent rib barrel - modified choke.

It was a poor performer - because I wanted to hunt everything from rabbits to pheasants to turkeys and the 2 3/4 inch chamber - fixed choke barrel just didn't satisfy me.

I have every gun that I ever wanted to own except one.
I always wanted to buy a Remington Wingmaster 870 Magnum 12 gauge with a Remchoke. Not a plastic fantastic SP - but a genuine Wingmaster with a wood stock and vent rib barrel

Today - while at the gun shop, I found one on the used gun rack. The barrel is a bit long - 28 inch and there is rust from one end of the barrel to the other under the vent rib.
The gun is used - but in good condition.

They are asking $465 for it.
I realize that by the time I get out the door it is going to cost me over $500.00

I can't seem to justify spending that kind of money on a gun that I only use 20 days out of the year.

I already have a Remington Super Mag 12 gauge and a Browning Gold Hunter 3 1/2 semi....

Is there anyone out there that thinks that it is good deal?

How much do you feel a gun like that is worth?

Do you think that I should wait until after Christmas and see if it is still there and see if maybe they will reduce the price to sell it to me?

I just don't see how a gun shop that probably paid $175 for the gun can justify putting it on the rack for this amount of money.

What is your opinion?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts