The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fair season will be starting in a few months. What do you think about renting a spot at a few fairs? Could have some inexpensive give away items with the HPA logo on them. Maybe sell tee shirts or hats. Or could team up with a local sportsman club to share the cost of the space. Possibly the GC could provide some brochures to pass out.
It seems to be hard to get people to volunteer to come out to the events. Maybe for this we could offer something along these lines. If someone volunteers to man the booth for every 2 hours they get a free pass to the fair. So someone could work the booth and get their family in the fair free.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Good idea I would be willing to man a booth at Cambria County Fair. The Harmony Grange Fair is also a good event in our area.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
The only problem is going to be the price of the booth. They are pretty expensive to rent for the week.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought that renting a spot might be expensive. I know there are a few small fairs around here. Maybe they would be less expensive. I was thinking of something a long these lines pay part of the rent for a spot a sportsman org. is renting and put a HPA banner up there and get a few people to volunteer to help man the booth.
Another idea rent a dunk tank and get your local WCO to sit on it and raise money for SGL maintenance.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm going to be doing a disabled youth day on August 12th at Gander Mountain Muncy, pa. We are also going to have a booth set up out front, so if someone wants to show up and help out we can also hand out decals or fliers of HPA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts