The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name the top 5 things that you MUST have when you go camping.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
In no particular order ...

Tent, Ax, Gun, Drinks (Beer + Water), Food.

·
Banned
265 Posts
Assuming that I have a backpack the "most important items" for warm weather camping are: Swiss Army knife - water bottle, nested cooking/water boiling kit, Bic lighter, side arm.

Next in line are 2 space blankets, emergency medical kit,freeze dried food, 200 feet of para-cord,mini-fishing kit.

Winter camping, or an emergancy while hunting in the winter, is another story entirely!

Terry

·
Registered
26 Posts
A good knife, compass, food, variety of beverages, firearms, and a midget. I need to bring 6 things. I won't leave home without my midget.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
My Order of the Arrow trip had only a knife, bedroll, paracord, canteen(water), and a magnesium fire starter. everything else can be gotten from around you.

after I learned how to use a mag fire starter, matches and lighters will not be missed.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
PANRA said:
My top 5 survival items.
Knife, compass, emergency space blanket, ignition source to start a fire, rope.
I carry all of those when I'm out. I also add a cheap poncho and a 33mm film canister of dryer lint. It's a great firestarter.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
if were just talking about normal camping, I take a tent, food, wood, lighter, and never leave home without my fishing pole.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Gerber utility knife, metal match, compass, survival blanket, and a good amount of liquid.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I am going to assume that since we are camping that the normal stuff like tent, ect are already covered.

gun, paracord, first-aid kit, compass, water purifier

·
Registered
67 Posts
22 cal. firearm, some sort of shelter kit, knife, fire satrting kit, canteen cookset

1 - 20 of 20 Posts