The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been thinking that I need to get a climber. Of course I don't know anything about them. What's good, what's not, pros, cons, etc. Any help?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I look for light weight, adj platform when in position, and a bar around me. Quiet setup is nice to. Only found two brands that have those features.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I bought a Summit Viper SS a few years ago and I love it! It's ok weight wise at around 20 lbs and has straps so that you can wear it in the woods like a back pack. It's super easy to set up to! Unhook the cables and wrap it around the tree and secrue it back to the stand, get in, attach harness to the tree and you are ready to go up!

I love mine. I need to replace my cables though so as soon as I can, I'll be doing that.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Most of the discussions here are between Summit and Lone Wolf aficionados. If you plan on sitting for extended periods comfort is very important as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I use a Summit Razor. I love it, has the bar for stand and sit climb, but if Im bowhunting the bar easily swings down to give an open front stand. Nice and lightweight. And the price was right.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, That one only weighs 16lbs. What does it mean by closed front frame? I see there is a bar in the front. Is that what is fixed? And those bars won't get in the way, right?

BOOTOXEN said:
Timber tall
tree walker.
I just saw advertisement for a summit that is light and has a bar around ya. viper elite SD

HoneyDoe said:
And which two brands are they?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Bar in front won't be in the way as u can position where is best. The timber tall is lighter yet and has a knob to adjust angle. I like stands with the bar around you.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Glad I checked this post and found out that Summit is making a tree stand under a max of 250 lbs.

Gives me another option for the next tree stand.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I tried climbing my boyfriends. That wasn't as bad after I started going. It only weighs about 20lbs so keeping that the max limit is my plan. He is already plotting to sell me his so he can get a new one. Haha

Thanks for everyone's input!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts