The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this was ever on here or not, but I find it very interresting and what alot of people on here are saying is what is actually happening to the deer herd and the land. Look who is behind it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JflqDgbnn4E&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwbVCJKWj6I&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC8ySMCV33U&feature=player_embedded

Like I said before its all about the money$$$
Maybe alot of you have seen this before, but this is the first for me. What do you guys think of this ?

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
I agree with many parts. It was pretty much 1 sided. I like to see both sides of the stories on all issues. I would like to see more and will research more into this.

thanks for posting

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
All I had to hear was the Allegheny Co. Sptsm league,to know it wasn't worth listening to. Not interesting, just more of the same old same old from the same idiots.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Junk -

Eveland had his chance to be part of the Unified lawsuit as their bonifide expert. Seems they couldn't pay the price for his slam dunk, over the top proof.

But then again, in all the documents he has produces, and are discussed in those vid's and on the ACSL site - he never mentions what degree or experience he has. Sure he worked for Westinghouse and those big corporations for 33 years - but Google the name - Nothing except ACSL and message board discussion. He does have a site with six grainy pictures for sale.

But, again, if he is the be all, the guru, the salavation of wildlife management as purported, why is it you can not find any reference to him on the net?

Now thnk about it, he worked for major corporations in wildlife studies so they could build power plants and other stuff the green freaks most likely were going bannana's about. Eveland, according to him, was the one who solved these problems.

Search any search engine. not even the animal rights or eco freaks have any mnention of him.

Nothing in any local paper about the Eveland being on scene, or alleveating concerns of local citizens. Maybe a TV, local press, or even a high school local concerned citizens meeting on any issue over 33 years mentioning his name.

No mentio in any of the corporate websites about Eveland.

No mention of his involvement , title, or work. Nothing on the search engines linking any of the projects or companies or Eveland.

Mr. eveland has a background. Just no one is sure what it is. A huge void exists.

Void? Goggle your own name. Then Google the name of someone active in the local community. Anyone.

Now Google Eveland with his 33 years of mega corporate involvement in some of the largest construction projects in the US over the last 25 years. Nothing.

No mention of testifying before a court on environmental or wildlife issues.

No cheap shots about him by the animal rights or green freaks.

No mention he ever testified before any congress - state or federal.

You can't find reference to him being on PSU staff.

You can't find mention of him producing studies or reports.

Not slamming the man. Just pointing out, I have more history showing up on the net than he does - an I am not a professional in one of the most challenged fields in science.

Think it through.

On the other hand, nothing new. He is the new delivery man for the failed arguments over deer the last consultant or spokesman failed to make believable.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
One last point.

If you listen to the guy, or watch the video's, pay attention.

He isn't talking about just deer issues. He is claiming people committed criminal acts.

Now, he says he can prove this without a doubt.

Do it.

Do it in a forum designed for the purpose. Prove it by bring your charges to a DA or the state AG so they can be verified

AND THE PEOPLE THAT BROKE LAWS TO REDUCE THE DEER HERD CAN BE PROSOCUTED IN A COURT OF LAW.

Trying to win hearts and minds is over.

Mr. Eveland - if you have the proof of criminal conspiracy - report it and testify.

That ball is in your court.

Put up or shut up.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Supposedly this green certification has alot moreto it than just deer. It also has coyotes, fishers, pine martin, bobcat,otter and others just to name a few. The PGC did start reintroducing some of these species about the same time frame. It does make you think.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
No really, that is what he claims. Listen to the video. What he is describing is illegal under the law. State employees conspired , lied, forged, manipulated, and testified to data not true during periods of official employment.

Worse, to take it to the real world, the accepted state and federal funds due to that reporting.

Those funds were used to further hoist more lies and misinformation upon the public, and to - seek even more funds.

Totally criminal.

He says he has the proof that the program is a lie. He claims to have the information about the conspiracy to mislead us, and ... decimate the herd.

Well, I am all for law and order.

Mr. Eveland - do your civic duty. turn in those nardowells! Go to the AG. make sure you have the press there so he can't wiggle out and cover for those rascals!!!!!! Radio and television as well.

You will be hailed a god by hunters everywhere!!! Heck, you might even get that pick up the other guys couldn't provide for ya.

So come on Mr. Eveland - how about it. Enough of just blowing the horn. Let's just blow the whole thing out of the water. Report your information to the AG - file the charges. Let this criminal enterprise be investigated.

Can't trust the AG.

Go federal by golly!!! The justice department doesn't give a hoot about deer. have the whole lot investigated. GC and DCNR all the way through the AG if need be.

You have options!

Check the blue pages in the phone book. All the numbers you need are there.

And please, please make sure you have press coverage. Lots of pictures will be needed to make the statute of you to be placed at the GC HQ.

Civic pride, civic duty – Mr. Eveland - it is indeed in your court.

No smiley face - serious.

If he has the proof - it is criminal - report and have it investigated and prosecuted.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
If he and the ACSL are serious, they need to report and stop the fruad.

Watching and waiting.....

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
OH brother! The PGC was reintroducing wildlife in PA before anyone ever heard of green certification, it is part what they are supposed to do.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
The goal is to smear, slam, and muddy the issue. Al they need is people to side with them for a while. What better way than a conspiracy!!!

Everyone likes a conspiracy!! And they have the murky "facts" that some want to see as true.

The fact remains - they are talking about serious violations of law. No longer more deer for us.

Report the violations. Let the legal system sort it out.

Then again, would look really bad for if it was reported it was bunk.

Could it be? No, they wouldn't make up a whole lot of stuff to get what they want.

I refuse to believe they might sensationalize this for their gain.

Couldn't be.

But then again, after all this time and they haven't reported the criminal activity to the proper authorities. Been more than a year now - really closer to two year - no report.

What in the world are you guys waiting on!!!

You have the PROOF - you said so in the video!!! You have the documents!!!

You keep saying you have proof. Report it!! Please, I hate crime - report it.

Imagine the head lines calling you hero's. State and federal criminal activity halted! I can see the headlines in every paper across the state hailing your exaltedness.

Waiting.....

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Did i miss somethings are the guys in the video HPA members or something.
lol

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Open challenge.

Real tired of all the charges, but no action.

Really, they are charging that people commited crimes. Serious crimes. But they never take any action other than stirring the pot and ripping at people unable due to employment restrictions from responding.

Yet, they never press charges against the people they villify for desimating the deer. They just keep yelling about it.

Put up or shut up - thats Eveland and his buddies at ACSL and Unified.

You have the proof or not - talk is cheap - might be more fun, but isn't your goal to restore the deer herd?

Talk doesn't do that.

Eveland already passed on helping as the expert in the USP deer lawsuit - seems the price wasn't reached......

So we wait -

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It does seem a bit strange that all this stuff started happening in this time frame. I can remember sitting in a meeting at LHU when Gary alt was ? about the return of the coyotes to pa. He was ? buy several people and he never once gave an answer. He just beat around the bush. I use to trap religiously from about 1975 and hunted since 1973 in all the years growing up Trapping and hunting I never saw tracks or hide nor hair of a coyote nor did the PGC ever mention coyotes for killing alot of fawns and further more nobody had pics of coyotes on game cams. If they had it would have been the talk of the town that many years ago. All the sudden, all this stuff starts apearing and the deer start disapearing. It kinda makes you think. Its like I said about the 200 ac on Beech Creek mountian that was already clearcut for several years and starting to grow back and about this same time frame they come in and level everything down to the dirt. I ran into a DCNR officer and ask what they were planning for there. He told me it was for grouse habitat. Does he think I was stupid they ruined the grouse habitat and planted rows upon rows of pines and it all makes sense now and as I thought before its so they can come back several years from now and harvest the mature pine timber. Maybe I'm wrong but its not looking that way. Just like the turkeys that a buddy and I use to hunt all the sudden disapeared and im talking a whole flock. I seen a WCO and ask him about them trapping them to trade to South Dakota for wild phesants and he said no they weren't doing that, but they were doing some tests and they would be back. Guess what they never came back. I don't think they would tell a lie do you? And don't ask who I talked to because I can't remember a couple of years ago. And don't ask why I didn't call the regional office and find out. I've went through this all before and never get the answers.

·
Super Moderator
13,509 Posts
There were numerous coyotes in OH before the Gary Olt era perhaps two of them might have crossed the river and set up residence.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
<a href="http://www.timesobserver.com/page/content.detail/id/527707/THE-EVERYDAY-HUNTER--Coyotes-thrive-despite-pressure.html?nav=5064" target="_blank">When I was a kid, coyotes created ambiance for 1960s Rawhide television episodes. As the cattle driving crew gathered around the campfire at night, with the chuckwagon as a backdrop, you'd hear the lonesome song dogs howl. At the time, few people knew they were also colonizing eastern states, including Pennsylvania.

That was proven to me by Wildlife Conservation Officer Dave Titus before he passed away. He showed me the March 1941 issue of Pennsylvania Game News containing a brief account of a group of hunters from Venango County who discovered some coyotes during the 1940 deer season. After deer season they went back out to hunt them, and in January they killed several. A couple of old-timey photos documented the event.

</a>

Some one has to have the other one from Game news with the WCO with the yote..

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Here you go, an entire thread on this.

Check page 15 out for this:

<a href="http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeei5zg/eyauctions/Venango-Coyote-1.jpg" target="_blank">Originally Posted By: Everyday Hunter...the fact of coyote/wolf hybrids has not been in doubt since 1992. A wildlife biologist named Gerry Blair wrote about that in Eastern Coyote: The Story of Its Success (©1995, Nimbus Publishing, now out of print). Parker was a research biologist for the Canadian Wildlife Service in Nova Scotia. His book is the only natural history study of the eastern coyote I've ever found. The study he cites is Robert K. Wayne and Niles Lehman, "Mitochondrial DNA analysis of the eastern coyote: origins and hybridization," in A. H. Boer, ed., Ecology and Management of the Eastern Coyote; Fredericton: University of New Brunswick Press, 1992).

Also, the March 1941 issue of Pennsylvania Game News has photos of coyotes killed in January of that year in Venango County. The hunters who killed them discovered them during the 1940 deer season, so if they were killed in Tioga in 1940, Tioga didn't have the only colony of coyotes at that time. Here are a couple of photos that I've posted on HPA before:

</a>

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bluetick thanks for the link! I will read alot more into it. I wasn't saying that there hasn't been any coyotes ever her. I know there were and they were hunted to the brink of extinction in these areas. I'm saying my buddy and I had several hundred ac that we trapped,set out a pile of traps on several other farms. We also knew several other trappers and none of us ever caught a coyote and never even seen tracks around our sets. With all the hunters and all the trail cameras out years ago and still no sightings of a coyote. I hunt and scout more than most of the people around my area. For turkeys and deer and do it year round,several times a week and I have done it for years (since I could drive and Im now 50) up until about 10-12 yrs ago you never saw or heard a coyote. Now you hear them and see them about everyday around here. Then when asking Gary Alt at a meeting several yrs ago at LHU he wouln't answer the ? and there were 4 or 5 people asking it and he wouldn't acknowledge it. I just think there's something funny about that. The coyote population is out of control and killing alot of fawns. How is that accounted for? I read somewhere that PGC or somebody did a check in a couple of coyote dens and in one they found 19 fawn pelts and in another they found 21 that is quite an impact on the deer heard right there. I don't know whats going on, but I do know that we are losing our youth hunters if they hunt public land. Both of my daughters have quit hunting deer because of not seeing anything. Its not for lack of trying and looking I can tell you that. Both of those girls have hiked along with me for miles and never said a word about being tired or walking to much. We tried several areas and found the same results "nothing" My youngest girl went with her boyfriend to there private farm and she did kill a 6 pt this yr. I hope thats enough to keep her interrested in deer hunting.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts