The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my camp doesn't have electricity...which I don't mind at all. We heat with propane or wood stove, have an outhouse, but no shower. I'm thinking about putting a "bucket shower" and toilet in the camp. Going to bury a holding tank which can be sucked out periodically. Just curious how some of you guys that might be in similar situations might be doing it. Propane shower units, etc...? Thanks, would love to hear what you got and see pics if possible.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
We have propane at the camp that we use for lighting, and we also have a propane heater for taking showers. We have a pipe feeding from a spring that is gravity fed down hill, we turn on the water valve to the heating unit and instant hot water for a shower. Before using this unit we used to have a plastic drum on the 2nd floor above the shower. We would heat water on the stove or wood burner and fill up the plastic drum. A pipe was fed through the wall to the shower and a shutoff was on the shower end.

As kid, a shower at camp was a rarity, but as we got older, you would feel like a million bucks after taking a shower.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Yep, you have got to at least wash your boys. When your boys are clean you feel clean all over.>:)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I have a 5 Gal bucket with a showerhead mounted on it. Heat water on the wood cook stove, fill bucket, hang from porch and enjoy. I've done this during the late ML season, Its quite refreshing !!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
When we go up for winter..we dont turn on our water. We use a battery operated portable shower..heat water on stove and pour in bucket and insert pump..feels good and works wonderful

·
Registered
414 Posts
A 12V pump works well for 24/7 water if you have a supply tank or other source nearby. I've used the same Shurflo for many years, they are about $70.00. A small solar panel will keep the battery charged. You can hook your shower to a propane hot water on demand.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Buy a Zodi... they work great.
We used one of these. We had a shower tent. I had electric though. Then I built a shed, put a used shower stall in it it with a propane on demand water heater. Pumped water from the spring into a trashcan and then another pump from there into the shower. Was a nice little set up.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
We have a 5 gallon bucket with a showerhead, one kettle of hot water and blend with some cold, turn on the shower head, wet up, shut off than lather up and rinse off.. sometimes I bring my battery operated pump, just set it in bucket with hot water and same deal. Feels great after driving all day.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Hey guys, my camp doesn't have electricity...which I don't mind at all. We heat with propane or wood stove, have an outhouse, but no shower. I'm thinking about putting a "bucket shower" and toilet in the camp. Going to bury a holding tank which can be sucked out periodically. Just curious how some of you guys that might be in similar situations might be doing it. Propane shower units, etc...? Thanks, would love to hear what you got and see pics if possible.
One option is buy a pump-up sprayer and attach a navy shower head (on-off button). Lather up...turn on the shower head to rinse. Repeat as needed. You would be surprised how little water is needed.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had a small Honda generater that supplied every need( except when the ladies came with blowdryers and such) used very little gas and was quiet. set it about 50 ft from the camp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts