The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as I was tromping through the woods today, I got to wondering what everyone else does in between the morning and evening 'sits' (given that you have the whole day at your disposal) More specifically, do you continue to muzzy hunt in some sort or fashion, or take the time out of the woods? If you do hunt, what is your method or preference for getting it done?

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I only live ten minutes from the place I have permission to hunt, so lunchtime, I'm home having lunch and chilling out, or doing work around the house etc. Then come around 3:00 I head back down to sit until dark.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I usually head home, or somewhere, for lunch and a brief rest. I know plenty of people who say they will hunt all day, but I have never been that type. I like a break at midday to eat a nice lunch, take my boots off, etc..

·
Registered
99 Posts
If it is cold and windy, I usually walk back to my truck and heat up a can of soup on a camp stove. If it is warm like yesterday, I will stay out and eat pb&j sandwiches. I usually do take a nap whether I'm in my truck or just find a sunny warm spot up against a tree. And I always have a book and just sit and read. I work in an office all day, so I try to make the most of the time I get outside.

·
Registered
967 Posts
In the early season I come home and split firewood between sits. In the late season I take slow walks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts