The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find this forum to be very interesting. I was curious what everyone does with the items they find. Sell? Trade? Collect?

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Collect all the way when it comes to the old stuff. The new clad coins I will cash in but that is it. Selling the other stuff, to me, is taking the fun out of it and making it more like work!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
All the clad change except silver and key dates are kept,the rest goes into the CoinStar machine.Any silver or gold jewelery also get's kept unless i'm hard up for cash then it may get sold.Any older coins are kept and put away.Tokens and some relics are kept unless they are so far gone as to tell what they are then they go into the trash or if my boy wants them he get's them.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Newer coins I clean up with a mixture of sand , dish detergent and water in an old rock tumbler then cash them in . Paid for my Bounty Hunter in one summer this way . The rest I put away for a rainy day just to ponder over . Actually slightly rainy days can be quite productive as conductivity is better . Heres some of my old junk from past few days .

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
No one should ever touch a metal detecter if they expect to get rich like the T.V. commercials make it look . Sure some do get lucky just like the lottery but to me its just fun to find an old piece of history , the fun of getting out digging in the dirt to find things like I did when I was a kid , being with friends enjoying the same thing and lots of other reasons . No , its not about getting your money back .

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Most of my finds are in jars and coffee cans. The coins are kept separate. I like indian head pennies and over the years have found a bunch of them. Silver coins elude me,can't find any where i am?
I don't like going when is hot or the ground is dry! I do go alone,no here does this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts