The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you eat on a full days hunt....sandwiches, apples, coffee, candy bars, snacks, caviar?

For a full days hunt I drink one Chocolate Royal Slim Fast before I leave or on the way, a protein bar at 11-12, a second one at 3 and possibility a third during the day if it is really cold. I carry a flask of water or on a hot day I will take a frozen bottle of water and drink it as it thaws.

All this takes up very little room, satisfies my hunger and is very economical.....

I know some guys that appear to hunt just for the pleasure of dinning out.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
I hunt out of box blinds, and don’t do any full day sits till it’s cooler out.
Rarely take any food aside from some jerky till I start full day sits. Then it varies, but snacks aren’t usually my thing. I eat before I go out, lunch is usually a sandwich. During rifle, when it’s cold, been known to bring a couple of hot dogs to “roast” over the buddy heater, and the blinds have solar/inverter power, single cup Keurig for a caffeine infusion if the mood hits 😎

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
All day hunts I start with a bowl of cereal with some fruit and a cup of coffee before the drive. In my pack I carry a small thermos of coffee, two bottles of water, a P&J sandwich and two granola bars.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I typically only hunt all day on the 1st day of rifle, or maybe a day during the muzzloader season. Most of my archery stands are either a morning or evening stand, really don't have any that are good all day stands. But on all day hunts I usually take a PBJ or chicken salad sandwich, crackers, candy bar, granola bar, jerky, water and a soda or Gatorade.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts