The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that yesterdays school shooting in Atlanta was stopped by a armed guard at the school. There was not a single reference to the guard at anytime on the news outlets. What difference does it make? Everything.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
they don't WANT us to know that a gun helped divert a major disaster. i'm tired of the media.......so very tired.

·
Banned
491 Posts
because the alternative is much more sensational, which grabs attention, and can then be used to fulfill the liberal agenda of the media... they control the content, we just absorb it...

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
scottm2012 said:
Media...the fourth branch of government.
Are YOU saying that the effective and unbiased journalists at NBC, ABC, CBS, etc are in the tank for The Regime?

Come on....get serious.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Unfortunately, they don't view themselves as a non-partisan co-equal branch of government. They view themselves as the "kingmakers" and will do everything needed to make sure their guy is in power via the low information voter.

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Let's do something about it.

·
Registered
24,979 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold"> AP) ATLANTA - A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said. </span>

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5...ect-says-chief/

<span style="font-style: italic">The armed resource officer who took the gun away was off-duty and at the school, but police didn't release details on him or whether he is regularly at Price. Since 20 children and six adults were shot to death at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut in December, calls for armed officers in every school have resonated across the country </span>

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
There are two issues that particularly bug me. Grade 1-12 education and the media. For now media.

Everything the media prints or says (and that includes all media sources) needs to be questioned. Everything they print or say must be looked at thru a prism of motives as to why they say it. They need to be held accountable. That can be done by recognizing what they do and discarding the frauds such as P. Morgan. BTW: I don't expect him to be on the air by summer because most folks see him as a fraud and don't listen to him anymore.

Every time I read a newspaper or online article I look at what news service it is and who is writing the article and value judge the article based on my experience with their work. For instance, our local newspaper is owned by McClachy news. I don't always look first at the byline but I have found that after I read the first paragraph I can pretty much know what the byline is. McClachy is particularly bad and easily spotted for their bias.

Because of the widespread bias, it is important to look at many sources to piece the whole puzzle together, and even then make a thoughtful evaluation of what, based on personnel experience makes the most sense.

Then, discussions such as those on this forum are critical to get reality checks and to gain information (both good and bad)on how folks thought processes are formed.

As always, information is power and the more information that is made available the more power individuals will have. There is no doubt that is the reason the media and many politicians continue to feed misinformation and control information, so as to maintain their power.

Since Watergate, the media knows they have the power to make or break politicians. It will be interesting to see if there is enough integrity left in the media to fully report on the scum senator from New Jersey. The fact that they have covered up the investigation since last June gives me little hope for the facts to be published.

The solution is to somehow make truthful information available again and make sure the "silent majority" makes their voices heard at election time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Every one of us that has a Dish or cable subscription, or buys a news paper supports the very people that are lying to us. If you want to do something about it your choices are limited. One way to start would be to put pressure on the media industry to give us our channels carte blanche . Let us pick the news we want and not pay for the channels that do not support our ideals. No more MSNBC or Piers Morgan. Someone gets all tingly up their legs and we don't pay anymore. That way they need to be a little balanced or they will suffer the consequences. Fighting the media will not be a fight for cowards.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Today the news report said that the mainstream media is reporting the news 8-1 in favor of the anti's. I am afraid if this continues too many of those that are not familiar with firearms will be swayed to the wrong side. We must find a way to get the word out and counter those institutions that have a mass audience. Too much of this fight is emotional and the facts need to be made clear. Putting a knife on the end of your gun only looks scary but in reality it is bringing a knife to a gun fight.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
bearhollow said:
There are two issues that particularly bug me. Grade 1-12 education and the media. For now media.

Everything the media prints or says (and that includes all media sources) needs to be questioned. Everything they print or say must be looked at thru a prism of motives as to why they say it. They need to be held accountable. That can be done by recognizing what they do and discarding the frauds such as P. Morgan. BTW: I don't expect him to be on the air by summer because most folks see him as a fraud and don't listen to him anymore.

Every time I read a newspaper or online article I look at what news service it is and who is writing the article and value judge the article based on my experience with their work. For instance, our local newspaper is owned by McClachy news. I don't always look first at the byline but I have found that after I read the first paragraph I can pretty much know what the byline is. McClachy is particularly bad and easily spotted for their bias.

Because of the widespread bias, it is important to look at many sources to piece the whole puzzle together, and even then make a thoughtful evaluation of what, based on personnel experience makes the most sense.

Then, discussions such as those on this forum are critical to get reality checks and to gain information (both good and bad)on how folks thought processes are formed.

As always, information is power and the more information that is made available the more power individuals will have. There is no doubt that is the reason the media and many politicians continue to feed misinformation and control information, so as to maintain their power.

Since Watergate, the media knows they have the power to make or break politicians. It will be interesting to see if there is enough integrity left in the media to fully report on the scum senator from New Jersey. The fact that they have covered up the investigation since last June gives me little hope for the facts to be published.

The solution is to somehow make truthful information available again and make sure the "silent majority" makes their voices heard at election time.
Good post. The media has no integrity, nor does it have any plans on changing that. It's in the tank for the Regime, and every "top of the hour" update on the radio is carrying the water for The Regime. It won't improve.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Thanks.

I noticed the post by Buckshot above. He read the post, did a little "background check" on the author and exposed the agenda for writing the article.

Although Rolling Stone is known for their bias, I think they would like to think they are a serious news outlet. By doing a little check, they are clearly exposed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts