The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some good guys on HPA! lwrsusq, glad I met you and it was a pleasure hunting with you!

I need longer decoy lines.

I need more brush on my boat blind.

My 11 year old black lab that I got from B2R has probably hunted her last year.

I need to get with my 2yr old choc lab so I can hunt her from my boat.

The ducks always seemed to be there the day before or the day after I was.

There are guys that take dumb risks. 1)Running their boats without lights in the dark. 2)Severely over loading them. Not only does running without lights jepordize the guys in the boat it jepordizes the lives of others that are running their boats in that area.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
I started a Crown Royal diet. Lost three days already!
Every time I read this it brings a smile to my face.

Till next year I wanna get started on this diet.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I need to find more smaller water spots for tough years like this one. I said the same thing last year. I need even more.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeh Chris .... there are some good guys on here.
Had the pleasure to talk and interact on FaceBook with a few this past year or through buying some stuff off of them: lwrsusq, LabandBirdman, Highflyer0329, Jeff Reibling, and oh yeh ... you Chris!

I say it every year ..... I need to expand my hunting areas. Before I know it, the season is here and I'm still hunting the same areas.

Decoys ... not sure you ever really have enough. The wife thinks so, but then again she has more pair of shoes than I do decoys, so ......

Staying up until 1:00 a.m. Friday nights doesn't lend itself to getting up at 4:30 a.m. anymore. I'll be 48 yrs old this April ..... can't seem to keep the young man's schedule anymore for some reason???

Oh yeh, ... duck and goose calls are like decoys ..... you never have enough. Then again, the wife thinks I do. Then I mention the shoes .... works everytime.

And last, ... I have the best wife possible, serioulsy. Been married to the same girl for over 26 years now. She's always tagging along with me to Gander Mnt, Cabelas,e etc... buying more ammo, camo clothing, etc... Not to mention me not being around at home much from Sept to March.

At the end of the day ..... I'm a Blessed Man!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
A slow day of hunting will always be fun with the right group of friends. (insert face paint joke here)

No matter how cold your hands are, you still have to pet your wet lab when she gives you "the eyes". Lab guys know what I mean.

Hunting in 40 degree rain and wind will not help you recover from illness. (Hence I feel like death today)

Shooting only a handful of ducks over your own decoys is priceless. So is having professional duck guides compliment you on the decoys you brought along.

No matter how many days you make it out, it would be nice to get out just one more day.

·
Registered
11,639 Posts
djknyork said:
That I need to get a long handled net for the boat to make retrieving ducks and decoys easier!
Try to find one of the nets they use for crabbing. They have a long handle and a small net that does not take up much room in the boat.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
murdock84 said:
It's time to research some surrounding states to hunt!
NJ is full of ducks and not many hunters! That's if you count Buffys as ducks.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Working 3-11 and getting up at 4:30am isn't as easy as it used to be 25-30 years ago!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
That I NEED to get my butt to the next waterfowl symposium and so do a bunch of you guys. Let's get OUR voices heard, not just a few of the "entitled old gaurd eletists"...

·
Registered
618 Posts
mightyjoeyoung is absolutely correct. Seasons need to be re-thought in some areas of this state. I personally do not think Erie zone, NW zone, North Zone, and South Zone for ducks is the right way to think. I would like to the see the goose zones be applied to ducks as well. Far SE PA is a lot different weather wise than Western PA up near the route 80 border. These zones are huge and poorly thought out. Personally I would like to see ducks open the week before Thanksgiving and run until the end of January.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts