The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone did this for archery season and thought it might be interesting for the rifle season to see what days were good this year.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I didn't kill a buck yet this year, but missed two on Wednesday November 30th. It was the best of days and the worse of days. One of the misses will haunt me the rest of my life.

·
Premium Member
24,167 Posts
Saturday Dec. 3rd
12:15 pm

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
Nice poll. Interesting to see how many guys took their buck after the first day. Never give up, because your luck could change in a second.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
casey said:
I killed mine in archery on 11-11-11,the Veteran's Day Buck
reading fail. rifle poll.

killed mine at 1pm first day. just came walking down the hill.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I remember a report published a few years ago, not sure of the precise numbers but it is close, about 70% of bucks are harvested the 1st day and about 50% of those are taken within the 1st 2 hours. The new e-reporting doesn't require time of kill, can't remember if the old report card did.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
I shot my buck on Wed. Nov. 30, and saw five more buck after that till the season was over..All on Game Lands...Pretty sure those buck are still running!

·
Super Moderator
29,164 Posts
I spent both weeks of the PA rifle season working in Germany

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
i missed a huge buck opeing day. i allowed 7 other buck to walk before i shoot mine on the last saturday on a drive.

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will have to see how it goes, but I am surprised that more buck weren't killed the first day. Maybe the rain in alot of the state was the reason.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Got my 8 pt 0730 Mon 28 Nov saw 1 other legal buck at 0700
passed him up. Saw more thru the week while pushing for my Brother. Still a nice one in the area for next year.
Smage

1 - 20 of 35 Posts