The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is interested in a crossbow. I don't have a clue what to look for in these things. Do they make specific equipment for the ladies? It's probably too late for Christmas present for her but who knows. Interested in opinions on this.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
They make xbows for women. By that do you mean decorating a bow for ladies...pink camo or do you mean one for a smaller person thats shorter and less draw weight?.

They also make them for ladies with big budgets and small ones.

Go to some pro shops. And let her shoot some. dont just go to walmart and pick one off the shelf.

My seven year old and wife can both shoot my wicked ridge invader.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the simplicity of the recurves, seems like they have much higher draw weights to make up for the lack of cams and cables maybe? I wonder if she could cock the thing.

As far as a budget goes she would say spend less, I say it's a tool, buy a good one and enjoy it. I am still pretty undecided and looking.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
RegularJoe said:
I like the simplicity of the recurves, seems like they have much higher draw weights to make up for the lack of cams and cables maybe? I wonder if she could cock the thing.

As far as a budget goes she would say spend less, I say it's a tool, buy a good one and enjoy it. I am still pretty undecided and looking.
Excalibur makes a cranking aid for there x-bows,I have one for mine and it's great...

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I'd look at the Excalibur's. They have some lighter poundage bow for gals. Check their forum out good info there. Plus a very easy bow to maintain with 100% customer service.

·
Banned
813 Posts
RegularJoe said:

The matrix is very easy to cock.

·
Registered
12,941 Posts
The basic string aid takes 50% of the pull out of it. I have a Excal Exocet 200 and it is pretty easy but but I also put some back into it.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
good ole boy said:
I,ve been told at a bow shop that the crankin aids are big bucks.
It's worth it if you don't have the strength to use a rope,I have a disability with limited strength in my arms and the cranking aid is the only way i have to load my Excalibur...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts