The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know what you guys think about these mini compounds out there.... Looking to start my baby huntress out with something she can grow with. She flings some arrows with a couple of my youth recurves, but I'm looking to start teaching the aiming process.. Overall weight is the big factor..

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I picked up a used Genesis bow, the one that goes from 10-40 pounds with no set draw length. My daughter is 5.5 and she can draw it back but the overall size of the bow seems just a little to big for her at this time. It might be the overall weight and length that makes it hard for her to hold steady. I think she needs another year of growing with it. But other than her needing to grow a little its a really nice youth bow. Easy to adjust and set up and you can put whateever reast and sight on it. Since there is no set draw length it fits whatever size.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
bassnleo said:
I found a used Diamond Nuclear Ice for my daughter. It worked well for her, she was a tad older than 4 though.
X2 started my daughter at 4 yrs with the nuclear ice. Goes down to 9.5 lbs. And 14" dl and about 22" ata. She shot indoor tournament with it and learned a lot with it. Was a great bow for her first 4 yrs. Now since she is bigger and stronger at 8 yrs old she's shooting a Mission Menace and doing awesome with it but the menace is to big for a 4 yr old imho

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought a walmart special with a cheapo sight pin. The boy figured it out in a flash and hasn't slowed down since. Start em young

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have you ever hunted Safe Harbor? I killed an eight point out of there on opening day 3 years in a row.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts