The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im calling for coyote,heres some of the calls i have on my foxpro let me know what would be best and what ones to start with. im new to coyote hunting so i can use all the help i can get with calling, i hunt mornings and before dark

coyote pair
fem coy. challenge bark howls
coy pup dist. 3
coy death cry
coy rabbit
coyote fox
coyote fox fight
coy. group yip howl
coyote group
coy locater
fem coy chall.
male coy. howls
ml coy screams
chall/ howl 2
chall howl 4
coy thrt bark howl
scream n rabbit
bay bee cottintl
cals cottontail
young rabbit dist.
eastern cottontail
cf cottontail
cottontail dist 1
cottontail dist
baby cottontail
rabit duet
big rabbit dist.
dgs cottontail

·
Registered
737 Posts
midnight hunter,
The calls you have in your Fox Pro are all good sounds. It's not necessarily a particular sound that's better than another. It is knowing how and when to use them and at what volume levels. This takes alot of time, patience and lots and lots of practice. There are alot of good books and videos out there to help you get started.

Ken Buck also has good information in the below site:

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2023486#Post2023486

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
The sound isnt really the thing you need to worry about its the scouting and setting up properly

·
Registered
252 Posts
this time of the year they are pairing up and i use a mouth call witha bark and a few howels start out low than med and than high wait about 10 min inbetween each call. thats what works for me.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Shot one on Saturday called with a combination of DGS Cottontail and Cottontail in Distress. Didn't need coyote sounds for this one. Like BigBen says, set-up is very important. Pay special attention to wind and your approach to your set-up.

·
Registered
927 Posts
The wind has to be right. I do not know how guys kill them without a decent steady wind. None of those sounds will work without proper wind. Iv been out alot this year and didnt see much untill there was decent wind, imo thats what it come down to. One I had good wind got 3 kills in a few days. But all of those are good sounds; the higher pitch rabbit calls work great at a low vol like 3 or so, that can be a major problen too, I was using mine too loud and it didnt matter what sound it was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts