The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks Mike. This year has been very strange in that I can't seem to find them gobbling or get one gobbling, but I know the birds are there. I'm just trying to figure out how much calling is too much, and how little is too little to get their attention.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Half the fun of turkey hunting is playing the calls. My go to call this year was a pot call that I won in last year's turkey contest from Andy (callmaker60), it's a beautiful thing! I have killed quite a few birds with a Cody "holie" box call and also one of their glass pot calls. And I can't leave out Ron Clough of Close Calls. I have a few of his calls that haven't seen the woods yet, but one of his box calls did the trick for me a few years ago.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Two more dead birds. Neither for me. Thursday the Rohm box call got him started and Hooks mouth call finished the two year old. On Saturday my son killed a Jake. Not much calling but a few clucks on the Rohm box call help bring the pair of Jakes in the last few steps.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.