The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me it’s my Hoyt RX4 ultra 30” draw at 72lbs maxed out. Rogue R21 stings. Slinging carbon express maxima red sd’s weighing in at 467 grains finished. Going through the chrono at 294 fps.

Wood Rectangle Art Jewellery Hardwood

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
That thing is crazy looking. The built in quiver set up is interesting, how do you like it? I'm shooting the same Elite Impulse-31 that I have been for the last couple years. I shoot FMJ arrows with feathers and Magnus snuffer SS broadheads.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Elite Energy 35, Viper Archery 5 pin sight, 10 inch Dead Center Archery Products stabilizer. Arrows are Carbon Express Maxima Hunters with 100 grain Rage Hypodermics.
Wood Bicycle tire Wind instrument Art Font

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
My usual. 2013 #51 hoyt spyder 30. 400 grain footed easton hexx with 75 grain inserts and 85 grain exodus. No idea of the speed but it's shot through every deer thats been my target the last 6 years.
I have a new bow here but I just like this one. I wore the paint off the grip ive shot it so much.

·
Registered
Mathews Vertix, Easton FMJ 4mm, Rage Hypo 125
380 Posts
I’m using a Mathews Vertix @ 68lbs, Easton FMJ 4mm with 125 Hypodermic +P NC heads, total for about 545gr at somewhere around the 260 mark for speed. Not fast but hits like a ton of bricks, will knock my target on its back from 1 arrow. Still in the process of fine tuning distances but it’s getting there.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
My old reliable Diamond Carbon Cure. 70# draw, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter Arrows and Muzzy 3 blade 100gr broadheads.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Bowtech Revolt X set at 70 pounds.
Goldtip xt hunters 300 spine.
QAD Exodus heads .
Close to 450 total weight

·
Registered
668 Posts
I finally got my new bow shooting fairly straight. Still have some work to do getting the floater pin adjusted at 40+ and have some arrows yet to tune. Can't imagine I'll ever need it but it's nice to practice at a distance. Shooting a Bear Divergent @ 63#. Gold Tip Kinetic Chaos w/ 125 gr Tooth of the Arrow XL coming in at +508 gr. It's a little slower than I was hoping for so I may drop it down to the 470 range next year if I can't get my draw weight up. Had to get a rhinoblock though because it blows through anything else. Never killed a deer with a fixed blade, getting them tuned was a bit of a PIA but I like those TOTA's a lot and can't wait to put one through a deer.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Pick up a new Hoyt Ventum 30 2 months ago. So I'll be shooting that with a CBE 4 pin sight, Easton 5mm FMJ's and Sevr 1.5 titanium broadheads. Been shooting a bunch, so I"m ready to go this Saturday!!!

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
For me it’s my Hoyt RX4 ultra 30” draw at 72lbs maxed out. Rogue R21 stings. Slinging carbon express maxima red sd’s weighing in at 467 grains finished. Going through the chrono at 294 fps.

View attachment 173431
Awesome, you picked the right brand and your rest is on the correct side... Congrats- and best of luck to you with her.

·
Registered
21,508 Posts
I was all set to use my VXR but I pulled my 2014 Carbon spyder out and put the EZV sight on that I bought last year.i HAD IT ON AND OFF ALL OF LAST SUMMER BUT i JUST COULDN'T COMMIT TO USING IT.I've been shooting both quite a bit and the spyder will kill at least a deer or two this year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts