The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently using a Carbon Express Maxima, I want to switch over to Easton FMJ's. But I am torn between both. Anyone have feedback on the FMJ's.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I'd first recommend that no archer switch just to improve his accuracy. The accuracy has to come before you buy a bunch of arrows and spend a fortune on stuff.

Buy what you can afford. It's my long belief that hunting products have inherent accuracy far greater than the average person using them. It's probably a "slight" to some people's ego, that there might be three or four products of the same type, that have more inbuilt accurate than they personally have.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also do plan on upgrading to a new site this year, before I make the arrow change. Currently I have team extreme site that has .19 fiber optics. I found that green fibers work the best for me. At Gander Mountain I found a new Axis site that was four pins all green. Top 2 pins are .19 bottom 2 are .10 I feel by upgrading this first this might bring my groups closer.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
You are already shooting a great arrow, there is really no reason to switch. If you were planning a hunt for something large like elk, moose, or brown bear with your bow, I would say go for it, and switch to the FMJs for more weight and more penetration. You want to improve your groups, shoot more. Buy some literature on bow tuning, shooting from, etc, and learn all you can. And again, practice, practice, practice. No new set of arrows is going to increase your accuracy so drastically your going to notice any kind of difference. You cant shoot them to their full potential anyway, nobody can.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
The two reasons i would switch is that the CXs are made in Korea. Two, the current arrow you are shooting is not spined right or is just shooting bad. I would also make sure that the broadhead you are using shoots well with what you want.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
pbander, I agree with the above posts, but if you do decide to switch arrows, I could make a deal with you for the maxima hunters if they are 350's and over 27 1/2"

·
Registered
994 Posts
treed74 said:
The two reasons i would switch is that the CXs are made in Korea. Two, the current arrow you are shooting is not spined right or is just shooting bad. I would also make sure that the broadhead you are using shoots well with what you want.
That is why I won't shoot them. It is tough to find things made in USA in most apsects but in archery there are still alot products made here so I stick to them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts