The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i might be hunting south east pa. for deer this up coming season and i lost my regulation book from last year and i tried the PGC website but could not find anything any help would be appreciated

thanks john

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
5D and parts of 5C- go to the PGC website, on quick picks click on the digest and work you way through to the WMU pages.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You need to go by the county lines. Chester, Montgomery, Delaware and Bucks are Special regulations counties as well as Philadelphia county with Philly being excluded because it is archery only. All the other special regulations counties are shotgun only. The reason I mention going by the county lines and not the WMU is because some counties within those same WMUs are not considered Special Regulation ones. Lancaster and Berks for example both have portions in 5c but you can still use a rifle in them. Also be aware of other regulations that are county specific to those considered Special regulation counties. Some hunters get the impression they can bait in all of 5c. The use of bait is only allowed in the Special regulations counties. Not counties such as Lancaster and Berks which have areas within those WMUs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts