The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about 38 special? Or .357 mag? Assuming you can even find thse, what percentage has the price increased over, say, a year ago?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Way higher.......

One bright note though. Happened to be in Wal Mart yesterday, they had 7 boxes of Winchester 115 fmj 9mm, the 100 round boxes. They were $24.47 per box. I scooped up my 3 box limit, wish I could have bought all 7. A little over $12 for 50 rounds is more like what it was 6 months ago. They also had .45, .40, and .380 in the same brand.

·
Registered
260 Posts
strictly speeaking about 9mm. walamrt is the only place that hasnt went crazy. Bought a couple cheap 50 round packs for $10. and the 100 round pack for $24.( gander sells the same pack for $34.) Now, cabelas 3 months ago certain brands were $11. 2 months ago they were $14. now they are $17 if you can find them. Ad thats the cheap steel casings

online they are just priced crazy and they sell fast

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My walmarts ammo section looks like mother Hubbards cupboard.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I have been checking for the last couple months the 3 Walmarts in my area. The ammo supply is very low for the popular calibers, the last 3 times I was in the Butler store, there wasn't even a sales person to be found in the Sporting Goods section.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Stop buying them, let them sit on the shelves.. resist the urge and the greed part..prices will soon return to what it was before the crazies caused this current fiasco..just like the primer nonsense from 5 years ago..

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
6-DASHER said:
Stop buying them, let them sit on the shelves.. resist the urge and the greed part..prices will soon return to what it was before the crazies caused this current fiasco..just like the primer nonsense from 5 years ago..
So, should I quit shooting? Not trying to be a smartazz, but I'm not hoarding up for the zombie apocalypse, I just like to plink now and then. But it's tough when the shelves are empty.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Suckitup and don't buy anything until things get back under control.. this was caused by our fellow shooters and will have to be solved by all of us.. again!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Currently paying:
$0.15 per round for the 9mm
$0.12 per round for the 38
$0.29 per round for the 45ACP
$0.29 per round for the 40S&W
$0.22 per round for the 380
$0.29 per round for the 357
$0.41 per round for the 44mag
$0.45 per round for 308 match
$0.28 per round for the 223

Reloading is great!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Just got a shipment from natchez for pmc fmj for 10.99/ box limit 5 boxes worth it..at the times

1 - 20 of 21 Posts