The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trapping season is around the corner and everone has all their equipment cleaned and adjusted (lol).

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome day with the family.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Ran the mower over some hay yesterday. I more thing I can mark off the list.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Set a new mail box. broke the old one off mowing grass.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
The traps all all gone through, fixed and adjusted. This week I hope to get them power washed.

Have a bunch of peat sifted and will do some more on a cooler day.

Need to take a couple evenings to clean the dirt from my cable stakes.

·
Administrator
15,131 Posts
Finished sorting out my traps.

I have 6 330's that need new triggers and I need to dye and wax a bunch of footholds to.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Welded up some more rebar stakes. I prefer to do my trap prep when cooler weather starts to stir my soul. Always seeking new permissions.

This year I am raising Eastern Wild turkeys. 100 hatched and about that many still to hatch. Permit to sell, barter or trade on the way. They are a hoot to be around.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
We used such a small amount of equipment last year no work is really needed.

The rest of the summer will be used putting up a cabin. It's been a lifelong dream and finally all coming together!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Just got some traps from Trap Shed over on Trapperman. Need to fix some dogs so they set and need to dip them plus some more. Is it Bobcat and Fisher time yet?? Come on December!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good for you Renny.

I shoot heavy muzzleloader and had my best weekend ever. My first 50-3x at 100 yards.

I finally got to handle a MB450. Holy smokes! That is a heavy duty trap. May pick up a couple (literally 2) at rendezvous.

Flirting with the idea of night latching my traps. I picked up a dozen Duke 1.75 at a gun show for $40. May give it a go.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I should finish the shelving in the convention trailer today and start stocking it. Maybe I should make some tools, but no-one has ordered any. Go figer.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Bought some Traps with rust. Understand Bobcat smell is not the greatest. Should I dip them in dye or leave them alone. Worried that Fisher will be around also. Now for Fisher, traps need to be in the ground or above like Bobcat? Thanks

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would give them the full treatment. stops rust and who knows what else you would pick up in a fisher set.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts