The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
you should post pictures of the bottoms of them....

but you appear to have some lepiota rachodies...

maybe some of the following but we won't know till you send us pictures of the bottoms of some of them.....

puffballs
amanita muscaria geowi
maybe some meadow mushrooms

once you post pictures of the bottoms of them i am sure people will tell you which ones of those you can eat, which ones might make you halucinate, and which ones might kill you.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Yeah, but we aren't saying which ones.

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
You eat most of these and you ain't going to be able to pick mushrooms anymore...LOL...The puff balls are the only edible in the bunch..Some ofthe others are deadly poison...Panters and Aminitas...

·
Registered
718 Posts
there is a type of amanita that will make you trip. but the one in that pic will just kill you. other than that there is no other kind of tripping shroom in pa.

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
79inpa said:
i'm just wondering what kind of amanita you guys think that one is?
Pictures 4 and 5 could be either a Panther or a Jewel Amanita (Aminita gemmata). The Panther is Highly DEADLY poison while the Jeweled Amanita is not edible. To even make this mushroom worse there is one called a Blusher (Amanita rubescens) that is edible. But since they look like the two unedible and one being highly poisonous it's best to leave these mushroom alone! There is other things to consider too...One is only grows West of the Rockies. However in this day in age who can say if they now are in Pennsylvania. See it's just best to let these alone.. I THINK I know what it is but I would never even attempt to eat this particular mushroom because I THINK... I'm not 100% sure. Just the idea that it could be the PANTHER and not the edible Blusher makes me shy away from the Deadly aminita family.. However the Blusher is one of the few mushroom in the Amanita family that is edible with cooking...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts