The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to hunt waterfowl or racoon at night. These are things i really want to do, but never had the chance to hunt with someone who did it before.

Whats some things you guys never got to do you hope to try?

·
Registered
596 Posts
TRY STEELHEAD UP IN ERIE PA .BEEN TO OSWEGO NY LOTS OF TIMES BUT PA STEELHEAD WOULD BE A NICE LIL CHALLENGE.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Camp Git R Done the PA steelie fishing is awesome. I have some friends from DE that have invited me down for some goose and duck hunting. Never hunted water fowl just stick to deer hunting but i would love to give it a shot...

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
About the only thing that isn't limited (i.e. Elk) that I would like to do is Waterfowl. Too many other things that occur at the same time of the year and its a sport that you really can't just "dabble" in. I've had several chances to go, but declined because I don't need another hobby at the moment.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I would like to go with guys that run hounds for coyotes,
coons, or bobcats. Outside of Pa there is alot that I would
like to do. To many to mention in that category!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hounds on predators sounds awsome.
I was going to put go to colorado for elk ,but i just booked a trip with my bro in law for 2010! now the hard part is waiting that long!

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
I'd like to learn how to trap. I've considered it for a long time, but don't know anybody in my area who buys.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I would love to trap. The only problem is that when I do something I do it 150% and no one that I knows does it.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
I would love to go with someone hunting waterfowl, as I have never had the opportunity to try it. A close second would definitely be steelhead up north, as again, an opportunity has never been there. I feel as though these are 2 sports that require some knowledgeable people to be along with you for the first time or you are just wasting your time.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I've been fortunate enough to experience most hunting and fishing opportunities and experiences in PA except archery. I'll be giving a go next season.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Kill a bear- and it's driving me nuts. And I've also had my chance as well which makes it worse.

·
Registered
533 Posts
out side of the state i am i nthe same boat as corey22. but inside the state prob have to be getting out after the bears and i agree wit hmany others and dry water fowl.

·
Registered
533 Posts
and and maybe hunt one of those hogs that are sighted through out the state

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Deerhunter remind me to show you some pics of the hog my cousin got on a deer drive. 237 lb er 165 dressed i think?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
trapping and waterfowl hunting would be at the top of my in state to do list!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts