The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long Hair just got a 3 year deal today.
That just shows you how dumb the Rooney,s are.
Their gonna eat that contract cause he,ll be lucky to get thru 1 season let alone 3.
I can,t wait and laugh when he falls flat on his face even worse this comin season and knowin that those clowns paid him all those big bucks.Foote wasn,t no surprise but keepin Long Hair is a joke.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
A one legged Palamalu is twice as good as any other safety in the league.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Polamalu played every defensive snap last season, with 85 tackles, 2 picks, and five force fumbles, and made the Pro Bowl.

I would like to hear what the alternative personnel plan would be for that position in 2014, given the number of holes the Steelers have.

His deal and Miller's were done to provide salary cap space. In a move common to the NFL, a veteran player near the end of their career is given an extension, and a back-loaded base salary is converted to a guaranteed signing bonus which is spread-out over the life of the contract.

Considering that Troy and Heath have been instrumental in winning two Super Bowls and going to another, and also how many fans do you see in Polamalu and Miller jerseys in Steeler Country, and their ability to still make big-time contributions on the field, it was a smart move to make the deals, and it says something that these players want to finish it up as Steelers.

Had the Steeler defense been up to snuff in other positions, you give a Dick LeBeau a safety as versatile as Polamalu and look out. D-Beau has to work with what he has, clearly need some help in other areas on this team, so all and all it was a w.in for the fans, the players, and the team..

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
good ole boy said:
Long Hair just got a 3 year deal today.
That just shows you how dumb the Rooney,s are.
Their gonna eat that contract cause he,ll be lucky to get thru 1 season let alone 3.
I can,t wait and laugh when he falls flat on his face even worse this comin season and knowin that those clowns paid him all those big bucks.Foote wasn,t no surprise but keepin Long Hair is a joke.
Heck of a thing to say about one of the greatest Steeler players ever. Also, a three year deal means nothing. They can cut him at any time. What kind of guaranteed money is he getting and what kind of hit is he going to have on the cap this season ? That's what really matters. I trust that they know what they're doing.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
I just read the article in the trib and the Steelers made a great move today with Troy.
Now I just hope they cut Clark and Woodley.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
DethFrumAbuv said:
Polamalu played every defensive snap last season, with 85 tackles, 2 picks, and five force fumbles, and made the Pro Bowl.

I would like to hear what the alternative personnel plan would be for that position in 2014, given the number of holes the Steelers have.

His deal and Miller's were done to provide salary cap space. In a move common to the NFL, a veteran player near the end of their career is given an extension, and a back-loaded base salary is converted to a guaranteed signing bonus which is spread-out over the life of the contract.

Considering that Troy and Heath have been instrumental in winning two Super Bowls and going to another, and also how many fans do you see in Polamalu and Miller jerseys in Steeler Country, and their ability to still make big-time contributions on the field, it was a smart move to make the deals, and it says something that these players want to finish it up as Steelers.

Had the Steeler defense been up to snuff in other positions, you give a Dick LeBeau a safety as versatile as Polamalu and look out. D-Beau has to work with what he has, clearly need some help in other areas on this team, so all and all it was a w.in for the fans, the players, and the team..

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
steelhead125 said:
I just read the article in the trib and the Steelers made a great move today with Troy.
Clark, yes.

While I think they overpaid Woodley and that he is turning into a China doll, his ceiling is pretty high. If he can get his act together, he could be a major factor on Sundays...

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I put this post up there with the recent one trying to convince everybody it was a good idea to trade Crosby.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
steelhead125 said:
Clark, yes.

While I think they overpaid Woodley and that he is turning into a China doll, his ceiling is pretty high. If he can get his act together, he could be a major factor on Sundays...
I don't know Trask. Last season was his time to make a comeback and prove everyone wrong and he still looked out of shape and slow. I don't know if the big contract caused him to slip or there is something else wrong with him, but he is not the same player anymore. Maybe I am wrong and he can turn it around but I don't think so. I think the Steelers are much better off going with Worilds even though that is a bit of a gamble as well with his limited track record.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
good ole boy said:
A lot of sports commentators agree with me.
And who are these commentators you speak of ?

Not that it would make a difference in my opinion. I listen to alot of talk radio and it always amazes me how often they're wrong about things.
They really are no different than the average fan but they're really good at selling their personal view points.

If you're are a self proclaimed Steeler fan I am really disappointed in the way you put Troy down. I thought Steeler fans were smarter than that. You really want to see him fall flat on his face after all he has done for this franchise? The guy has been nothing but a class act since the day he has got here and is a first ballot hall of famer.
If you feel he has nothing left to offer that's fine but after watching him over the years and all the great memories he has given this city, I think he deserves a little more respect than that.
With the state the league is in right now and with thugery running rampant on almost every team, Troy was always one of the bright spots.
To be honest I am having a hard time rooting for alot these guys due to their behavior.
I am sorry but your post was moronic to say the least.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
The Steelers have a proven track record of not paying players for what they did last year and I'm somewhat wondering why they are breaking from that now.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
PossumBackstrap said:
The Steelers have a proven track record of not paying players for what they did last year and I'm somewhat wondering why they are breaking from that now.
If you look at the terms of the deal you will understand. They cleared up alot of cap space from it.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
steelhead125 said:
If you're are a self proclaimed Steeler fan I am really disappointed in the way you put Troy down. I thought Steeler fans were smarter than that. You really want to see him fall flat on his face after all he has done for this franchise? The guy has been nothing but a class act since the day he has got here and is a first ballot hall of famer.
I can't stand the Steelers; I root against them no matter who they play, (even the Patriots)
. That said, I've always admired Troy. The man goes out there every week and gives it 110%, and does it without acting like an idiot. He doesn't beat his chest or run his mouth, he just does his job, and then he can head off the field and STILL show class in everything he does. Pittsburgh has been lucky to have him, and should return that to him however they can.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
The thing is, both are still quite serviceable. The alternative would have been to release them (which might not have saved as much cap space as renegotiating). Then, they would have had to sign free agents to replace them, which the Steelers don't often do, or to draft their replacements. And, we all know how LOUSY the Steelers draft in the Tomlin era. Do you really want them to replace Troy, who is probably 70% of what he once was, and Heath, who is probably 80% of what he once was with a couple of retreads or two Jabroneys that wouldn't be good enough to play on three quarters of the rest of the teams in the league?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts