The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
beauty of a hit .... the tilt was so-so, both guys should have removed their visors.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I never understood why the refs don't make them remove helmets first. Schenn couldn't really fight anyway because he was already cut from demolishing Kampfer.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I bet Kampfer doesn't come up the ice with his head down like that again.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I love how the bruins tried to fight after every big hit, even though they were clearly legal. That was a game the flyers could have won is bob was in net for that shootout. The stats for bryz's starts that are back to back must be pretty remarkable.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Bought time someone started giving it back to the Bruins. They have been running people left and right this year and guys have been getting suspended.

Only problem is that Schenn went after the wrong guy. Should have done that to Lucic or Horton and when Ference gets back, hit him too.

I also find it funny that this year, seemingly after every big hit, there is a fight that ensues and fans from each team ripping each other about this and that.

When Lucic ran Miller, Bruins fans were quick to say it was Miller's fault for coming out of the net. When Marchand low bridged Salo, it was Salo's fault. When Ference boarded McDonough, it was McDonough's fault for turning his back and not bracing himself. When Ovechkin charged Michalek, Caps fans said it was just Alex playing with "passion" and intensity. When Z elbowed Hendricks, it was the dirtiest play ever and Z deserved to be suspended for life. When Subban slewfoots people, Habs fans are quick to defend him and claim that everyone else is out to get him for being so good.

Hockey fans are funny in the way that they are soooo biased it isn't funny. They will defend something that their player did till their death yet call for another team's player to be kicked out of the league for doing the same thing. My personal favorite fans right now are Boston fans. They like to keep saying that their players are just so strong that they don't even realize their own strength when they hit people. They act as if their players are the toughest in the league and that the NHL is punishing them for it. NO, they are punishing them for illegal hits.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
...the first thing I noticed is that Shenn cups his thumb IN his fingers........isn't that a HOCKEY FIGHTN 101 NO-NO

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not really, he's just taking a huge chance of breaking his own thumb.

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
The Bruins pushed the Penguins around earlier this year, but i doubt that will happen next time.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Dan Castle said:
I love how the bruins tried to fight after every big hit, even though they were clearly legal. That was a game the flyers could have won is bob was in net for that shootout. The stats for bryz's starts that are back to back must be pretty remarkable.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
those hits are apples and oranges. while nobody can dispute that schenns hit was a beautifully executed shoulder check to the chest, kunitz was clearly going for kimmos head and whether by accident or not got him with the forearm/elbow. even if he didn't, it looked like he did in real time and the retaliation by hartnell is what every team would want to see in response.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dennis h. said:
It reminds me of another hit that Philly fans cried about. And be careful when talking about other teams fighting because of a big hit. Maybe this can refresh your memory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h-3O95lvPw
Yeah, what are talking about? This has NOTHING to do with the Schenn hit. Seems like you just posted here to try to bash Philly fans. Nice try.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Dan Castle said:
those hits are apples and oranges. while nobody can dispute that schenns hit was a beautifully executed shoulder check to the chest, kunitz was clearly going for kimmos head and whether by accident or not got him with the forearm/elbow. even if he didn't, it looked like he did in real time and the retaliation by hartnell is what every team would want to see in response.
Not here to bash but this is exactly what I am talking about. YOUR guy made a "beautiful" check while Kunitz's was targeting the head. There was nothing wrong with either hits and I can't understand why anymore in the NHL players feel the need to go after anyone who lays a big hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB5N-HMX48s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZQDjqahgM0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCachyc6pXU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFuCbzmBaL0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IgVgZLb5WM

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nobody went after Schenn after that hit. Watch the video closely. Kelly asked Schenn if he wanted to fight and Schenn responded by dropping his gloves first.

But I do agree that there is no need to go after an opposing player after landing a perfectly clean hit. There are supposed to be penalties handed out when that happens, and Kelly got one.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Yeah and now we have lots of hockey fans demanding that the instigator rule be removed because of it.

It is great for a teammates to stick up for one another but to chase a guy around and demand that he fight after a clean hit is stupid.

Happened last week in the Pens-Canes game. Orpik laid a huge and very clean hit on Skinner in open ice and then was chased around and asked to fight. Orpik isn't a fighter and had no reason to engage with anyone over a clean hit. There were Canes fans who, 1. claimed that Orpik's hit was dirty and that he was a moron for laying a hit like that on someone coming back from a suspension and 2. was a coward for not answering the bell afterwards and fighting. For what!!??

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
it would take multiple slowed down replays to determine if kuntiz hit was dirty. it was that bang bang. generally on those plays a hard nosed hockey player like hartnell for instance will not give the player the benefit of the doubt. i'm not saying kunitz hit was dirty (its pretty clear he went high however), but the retaliate was inevitable. schenns hit was obvious to anyboy on the ice to be clean and i dont think kelly had any reason to be giving schenn crap about it. neither hit was probably dirty but only one deserved the response.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Any time a player omn the opposing team hits a player like that, there's going to be retaliation. It has nothing to do with whether or not it was a legal hit.
When I played hockey ( yes, some of us actually played the sport ) it was about taking a shot on an unsuspecting player. When you take a shot, like the Kunitz or Schenn hits, it's an attempt to hurt the opposing player. Pure and simple. And somebdy on the other team is going to take offense to it and come out to defend the player just hit, as the player can't usually recover enough to do it themselves. I have absolutely no problem with the players policing themselves in this manner.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts