The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a recurve bow that was made by my father during the 1950's. He worked for a West Pa. bow manufacturer for a short time. Unfortunately, ther are no markings on the bow. I believe during this time period, there were at least two bow manufacturers in the Pittsburgh area and I think Cravotta Bros was one of them. This bow was not made at Cravottas, does anyone here know the names of any other boyers that were operating at the time? I think that I would recognise the name if I see it,
Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
I believe Blackhawk bows were made in Mckeesport by the Cravotta Bros. Colt Bows were made somewhere in western PA also weren't they?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct about Cravotta Bros,I own a Scout made by them. I don't know about Colt, but a friend of mine has one of their models. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
Colt Archery started in 1961. As near as I can tell it stopped production after 1967. Colt bows were made by Wing Archery at the Jacksonville, Texas plant. If you run across a bow marked with a "COBRA" emblem, look close, it is one of bows in the Colt line of bows. The Colt seconds were sold by Ben Pearson under the "COBRA" name.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Willey give Phil a call at Phil's Archery, he was around during that time frame and was a serious traditional archer in those days

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I'll bet you 100 dollars that Phil wasn't a traditional archer back in those days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts