The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I'm hunting there on May 3 and 4 in Pendleton County, WV. A friend of mine who lives there will be hunting and guiding. I'll be taking the rod also and stop by Smoke hole.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
trapperrick said:
I'm hunting there on May 3 and 4 in Pendleton County, WV. A friend of mine who lives there will be hunting and guiding. I'll be taking the rod also and stop by Smoke hole.
Used to be good back behind Seneca Rock. That's some tough land to hunt though. Beautiful country. I used to hunt back at Seneca Falls.
Good Luck

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
You got to watch out for the Lady that owns smokehole resort and cabins..I called to make a reservation one year to hunt down there and she asked for my credit card number and I gave it to her to reserve the room and I did not get down there during that week and she charged my credit card for the room..All the locals know all about her.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I dont turkey hunt there anymore but just across the PA. line theres a small place called Viola, there is a lake and 500 acres there of WV. public hunting that gets no pressure, farms all around, and the hunting is good.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
You got to watch out for the Lady that owns smokehole resort and cabins..
Smokehole and resort don't seem to go well together. Smokehole and cabin, well yeah.

Anybody remember Jess Judy campground along Smokehole ? Is it still there ? before you got down to Big Bend. Man the Snakes down along that stream. Good fishin, but the Snakes put a slight damper on how much I could enjoy it.

BTW... seen my first Bald Eagle on the "hill" across from the old store coming off the mountain into the smokehole.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I won't be staying around Smokehole but further south. My friend says the turkeys are really gobbling around his place now and has been seeing plenty of gobblers!

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Ill be heading down to Wetzel County for the first 4 days, then back up to PA for the opener.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I hunted Wetzel county in the 80's and 90's for both deer and turkey. I now hunt Ohio and will be heading there for the opener on the 22nd. WVa has some great turkey hunting.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
My place over looks the Ohio river, the hunting is excellent for both deer and turkey.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts