The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys have a camp in that area? Goin' to look at one tomorrow. I am curious , what is access to hunting areas like?

Thaks in advance
Kerry

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Is that the area where the township is going to have mandatory sewage hookups in the near future? I believe it was in the late 1970s, early 80s, Forest County had a plan to do away with all outhouse's and make camp owners put in septic systems. It didn't go through, but a ton of camps were for sale cheap, people being concerned that they were going to have to put in a septic.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Make sure you check into what Tim is saying about the sewage hookup. I read about it in our local paper up here.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hunting areas won't be a problem. I'm not sure if you'll be able to walk right out the camp door and be hunting but your not gonna have a problem finding somewhere to hunt, that I can assure you.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a camp not far from there. There is national forest and state forest within a 10-15 minute drive. West Hickory is part of Harmony Township which has a sewage plan so things need to be up to code. Septics need to be in concrete or approved plastic tanks, and out houses are aloud but need a holding tank. McArthur Run Road was not inspected last year, and won't be this year, so if you like the place I would call the sewage enforcement officer and make sure your system is up to code befor you put in an offer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies. I've always preferred the other side of the river, but when a place right on West Hickory Creek listed it got my attention. As it turns out we ended up making an offer on a place in Kelleteville. I'll basically be able to walk right out my door to hunt or fish. Thanks again for your responses.

Kerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts