The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at detectors for some time. Reading forums and such. I recently found a great deal on a Minelab 505. I got it a day before we headed to the beach for ax week. My wife and I spent hours searching the beach. We are hooked.

Our first find was less than a minute after I turned it on and went thru the set up. A spoon ! I learned a lot about beach hunting (I'm sure I have lots more to learn). Found my share of tent pegs and I learned the beer of choice is Corona on that stretch of sand. I found a few dollars in coins. The second day - one of the folks in our group lost his wedding ring when he flipped sand off the blanket. I got the detector and found it about 5 feet from the umbrella he was under - it had been stepped on and was an inch or 2 below the surface. I don't think it would have been found all that easily. That brought smiles and relief.

Anyway - home from the beach and looking forward to some detecting in areas around home and the cabin. Lots to learn - but I'm sure we will have fun learning!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Welcome to the hobbie keating_mtn . I'm sure a lot of us here can offer tips or answer many questions you may have . Sounds like your off to a good start though . Just remember to always have permission on private , state and county property . 1- A pinpointer will help you locate objects more precisely in a sod plug . Coins on edge will drive you crazy.... ect. Good luck and HH .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts