The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed a small nut to lock the primer remover rod on a RCBS die. I took the rod with me,to get the right thread. A clerk comes up to me and says"What do you need?" I showed him the rod and the threaded part. Whats that for,says he?I told him a reloading die for a rifle.
He says"You got the wrong guy for this,i am totaly ANTI GUN!!!!! As he was getting me a nut,i say,"what are you going to do if we get invaded or a crackhead breacks into your home and some one is going to shoot you?" He says"They can go ahead and shoot me!"
I almost said,to him,"you are a fool and some other stuff!"
I took my nut and left the store while chewing on my lip!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Was the clerk owner?, if yes maybe you should post name of store so we would know to avoid it.............

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
First off, what does it matter what it's for! Do you, or do you not have the nut I need? That's what I would have said. Yes, I would state the name of this store this idiot works for.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Jbiz said:
Who cares... We are all entitled to our opinions
I do.

Everyone is definitely entitled to his opinion............ INCLUDING the customer who wishes to vote with his wallet.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
My 2cents, if he was just a worker he did his job reguardless of his anti-gun stance, no need to boycott the store.

If he WAS the owner, he still did his job, he didn't refuse to serve you so live and let passive people live.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I would tell the owner if the guy was an employee. He isn't helping business with his editorializing about his opinions on gun control to gun owner customers, that is not doing his job. If the guy was the owner, I would fnd a new store.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
John S said:
I would tell the owner if the guy was an employee. He isn't helping business with his editorializing about his opinions on gun control to gun owner customers, that is not doing his job. If the guy was the owner, I would fnd a new store.
+1

·
Registered
19,014 Posts
exactly!!! whatever happened to the 1st amendment.

we exercise our 2A rights and this clerk exercised his 1A rights...no big deal.

people in this country seem [censored] bent on prosecuting people for what they believe anymore.

·
Registered
707 Posts
bohunr said:
exactly!!! whatever happened to the 1st amendment.

we exercise our 2A rights and this clerk exercised his 1A rights...no big deal.

people in this country seem [censored] bent on prosecuting people for what they believe anymore.
. This exactly right

·
Registered
300 Posts
In that situation I would react differently depending on his attitude towards the consumer. If he was rude or angry about having to help you, I would definitely cause a stir. If he just informed you of his beliefs (which was irrelevant) and was respectful and still delivered exactly what was needed, I say let it go.

In the beliefs that he doesn't care if he's killed by an intruder..... well, best of luck to him having a long prosperous life..... As for me, I protect my home and loved ones without prejudice. Regardless of intent, I will protect against intruders.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Bottom line is this. He just should have found the nut that he was looking for that fit the rod. There was no need to ask, "What is it for?" The two people could have went on there own way with out any issues. Period!

·
Super Moderator
4,620 Posts
If the guy upset me the nut would simply still be there.It would have come from another store.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Jbiz said:
Who cares... We are all entitled to our opinions
Agreed; whats the big deal? Its not like he refused service or tried to push his views on the OP. If people plan on boycotting every store, manufacturer, or corperation that has employees that dont share the same views (on guns, politics, religion, ect.)as themselves they may as well just dig a hole in their back yard and crawl in.

Good luck, Tony

1 - 20 of 22 Posts