The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well snuck out for a bout an hour last night to my honey hole. It had been stocked last week. The stream was up and had that green color. Ended up with about 10. All were caught on wooly buggers and beadhead pheasant tail nymphs. All of these guys were fresh stockies. I did land a golden rainbow that was only about 8" tops. He looked bigger in the deeper water. I had to laugh when i landed him. All and all a good hour out. Didn't land any of my "pets" or the big hold overs, but still and enjoyable time out.

I don't use wooly buggers often but they are deadly on stockies.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thats awesome. I fall for the "bugger" to on those stockies. Have you made it to the little j yet? We had a great time there tuesday unsure if you watched the video that we/benny p made.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't get out there. I am at home a lot now. I am not that excited about trout fishing once the first day comes around. I am also taking my nephew out for turkey every Saturday instead of going fishing. I hope he gets one tomorow

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
bowmike,
Glad you had a good time, Fly Fishing season is just under way here on the northern tier, still having some cold nights however. Hay if you are over 12 years old and fishing anything but dry flies, you are cheating! Get with the program.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Pine-Creek said:
bowmike,
Glad you had a good time, Fly Fishing season is just under way here on the northern tier, still having some cold nights however. Hay if you are over 12 years old and fishing anything but dry flies, you are cheating! Get with the program.
Pine Creek/Dave
I really hope that last comment was a joke

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL I am assuming it was but if I couldn't fish with nymphs I think I would not catch fish
so put me in the kids section

1 - 9 of 9 Posts