The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out looking for mushrooms today. I really didn't find much that I found interesting. I did however see a bunch of deer. One mushroom that I found looks like a boars tooth except that it was on the ground under some pine trees.

I went back to check on my mayapples only to find that something had eaten most of them. This really puzzles me because they were still green. It also annoys me because I haven't gotten a chance to try one yet.

I also found one new bolete that I haven't seen before. It was gray on top and had white pores. I chewed it up to try it and it was honestly the best mushroom that I have ever had.

Now if I can only find some golden chanterelles I will be set. Does anyone have a trick to finding them?

·
Registered
838 Posts
79inpa said:
I went out looking for mushrooms today. I really didn't find much that I found interesting. I did however see a bunch of deer. One mushroom that I found looks like a boars tooth except that it was on the ground under some pine trees.
I went back to check on my mayapples only to find that something had eaten most of them. This really puzzles me because they were still green. It also annoys me because I haven't gotten a chance to try one yet.

I also found one new bolete that I haven't seen before. It was gray on top and had white pores. I chewed it up to try it and it was honestly the best mushroom that I have ever had.

Now if I can only find some golden chanterelles I will be set. Does anyone have a trick to finding them?
Seems like I do best finding chanterelles by searching under or around oaks. If you haven't been doing that then give it a try. It might help you find some.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts