The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The well on at camp is supposedly 240' and has a submersible pump. Roughly how many watts do think that pump is / requires?
Thanks...

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I cant help you with wattage but it will pull about 25-30 amps when it starts and drop back to about 7-9 amps.
That info is close for a 1/2 and 3/4 H.P. pump. A 1 H.P. will be a little higher.
Hopefully you can use amps to convert to wattage?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Correct assuming 120 volt submersible. I have a 5000 watt generator and it turns over a 120V submersible that lifts about 110 feet. Never had a problem. Don't recall right now the HP on the pump.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Most deepwater submersibles are 220 volts. I personally have never seen a 120 volt submersible pump

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I currently use an 8000 watt gen. to run it and I plug it into the 120v. outlet. My desire is to get one of those Honda Gen. that is quiet enough to meet Nat. Park standards.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Gentlemen,
I have our 10K generator running our pump when we loose electric power, it is a deep water submersible 220.
I take no chances with my water supply in the back woods.
The 10K electric start Generator runs the entire Log settlement, including safety lighting/security system, kennels and Pivilions. Always bring enough Power & Gun.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
324 Posts
Up here my well is 120' deep and I have a 1 hp pump that is 220V - a buddy was the electrical engineer for the project - and he used an online calculator to establish just how much power it would require to run the pump - cause my well is 1200 ft from the house (we don't have water tables up here - you have to hit the water vein to get any water) anyways we had to use 6 ga wire - that was not a cheap date!! that was the reason for a 1 hp pump because of the long run back to the house..FYI

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well just has a non freeze bib on it. There is not a water line.
Thanks for all the response.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts