The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I simply run a line of well pipe 300 ft to another bladder tank to service another building without adding another pressure switch. If I have this figured properly, the pump would fill both bladder tanks before the pressure in the line cut the power. Then when one or the other lost pressure due to usage, the pressure drops and the pump comes back on. Right?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just tie in anywhere don't need another tank the water in the line will be under pressure from the pump and tank . seen it done several times The water don't know direction

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Its just a drop off of a line, like another hose bib or faucet in the house. Like coal said.

Put a tee and a shutoff in and run black pipe.

The only problem you might run into is volume depending on what you are trying to feed.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
have 2 houses hooked together here ,, BOTH have tanks ,pressure switch in one house ,no checks valves between them ,no volume issues , make sure you install some valves incase you need to shut part of the system down for any reason

·
Registered
25,517 Posts
Our sportsmen's club has two buildings: Original clubhouse built in the 50s and added onto several times - and another clubhouse built in the late 90s, down by the trap and rifle ranges.

When we built the newer clubhouse, drilled a well down there and installed the water system (3/4 HP submersible pump and a 40 gallon pressure tank). Also ran a 1" black plastic pipe down to the old building and set it up inside, to connect to that water system if needed, but never used it. The buildings are roughly about 500 feet apart.

Old building well eventually wound up being inside when they built another addition in the 60s, two pipe jet pump system w/20 gal. pressure tank.

That building is now demolished, new one underway.

Yesterday I turned on the water thru that 1" line that's been sitting there unused. Temporary set up now for the contractors, it will eventually feed the new building when it's done.

Plenty of pressure/volume.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts