The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nebraska in April for me !!!!!!

Going to go chase some Merriam's longbeards !!!!!!

Winter will NEVER end now !!

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Good deal man, are you driving out?? If so take several days to stop in Missouri for a hunt on the way.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fullfan said:
Good deal man, are you driving out?? If so take several days to stop in Missouri for a hunt on the way.
Nope. Flying.

Wish I had a few more days to do this. I'd relieve South Dakota and Wyoming of some of their birds too.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Good luck. I'd love to be doing the same. Just need the Merriam. Let us know how you do!

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Im sure you will have a good time, are you going the DIY mode??

I am retiring in Jan of 14, starting to get me plans ready around for next spring. Want to start in the south and finish up in the north. Nebraska will be on the list of states to hunt.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Good luck in Nebraska this spring. I hunted Rio's in Kansas a few years back and would love to find the time to get back.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
We went to NE last year and seen a ton of birds and did real well. They were gobbling their heads off. We ended up getting 9 birds between 5 us in 2 full days. One guy only wanted one btw. The weather turned bad, or we would have went after our third. Good luck you will love it. We're headed to KY this year .

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fullfan said:
Im sure you will have a good time, are you going the DIY mode??
Yep. DIY all the way. We do have access to a couple or 3 thousand acres of private land. Plenty of room for four guys to roam.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts