The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25,599 Posts
Already a thread on this subject in the Outdoors Issues forum.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Things are gonna happen. Theres just no way around it. A couple bad things are sure to happen, and a lot of excellent things will happen. For instance, a lot of folks who have never had a dollar in life, are going to get to a live a little. A lot of folks without good jobs, are going to get hired and make decent money. We are going to open up a new source of energy here in the states and have the opportunity to reduce a little of our dependence on foreign oil. We are going to have a source of energy that will result in an end profit for AMERICA, AND NOT THE MIDDLE EAST. It doesnt solve our problems, but it may help long term.

Yes, there will be the occassional accident. and it stinks. But you gotta take the good with the bad.

·
Registered
202 Posts
OHaraTree said:
Things are gonna happen. Theres just no way around it. A couple bad things are sure to happen, and a lot of excellent things will happen. For instance, a lot of folks who have never had a dollar in life, are going to get to a live a little. A lot of folks without good jobs, are going to get hired and make decent money. We are going to open up a new source of energy here in the states and have the opportunity to reduce a little of our dependence on foreign oil. We are going to have a source of energy that will result in an end profit for AMERICA, AND NOT THE MIDDLE EAST. It doesnt solve our problems, but it may help long term.

Yes, there will be the occassional accident. and it stinks. But you gotta take the good with the bad.
Put in your back yard

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
This is life. Things do happen and always will. These people who want everything perfect are living in a make believe world. Do we want accidents?? No way, but Humans screw up and always will. We must just do the best we can.

·
Registered
202 Posts
OHaraTree said:
Absolutely....and take all the revenue and buy myself a little peice of paradise.
I already have my piece of paradise and like to keep it that way for my self and my family.Where you going to to buy yours when there's none left?

·
Registered
202 Posts
kgman16 said:
This is life. Things do happen and always will. These people who want everything perfect are living in a make believe world. Do we want accidents?? No way, but Humans screw up and always will. We must just do the best we can.
Let them screw it up in your back yard not mine.

·
Registered
463 Posts
how exactly did they "screw up" your back yard?

although they think a small amount made it to a stream, there appeared to be no adverse affects to the stream...for all practical purposes it was contained to the well pad.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
NIMBYs and NIAOBYs. Alarmists too.... the way I see it, it didnt make it into the stream and didnt cause an environmental catastrophe...the system worked.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Accidents happen and I agree with O'Hara...Penna has a chance to move forward with vast expansion of economic development. The companies that do it right will be here long after the problem children are shut down. People need to accept the gas industry. Buzzsaw, the good news is that Penna is a right to capture and a right to pool state. you need to read up on that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts