The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I do. Helps me sleep knowing it will be ok if a Yote shows up with one of Ron's j hook tools.

·
Banned
618 Posts
On K-9 traps yes and I've pulled those open while pulling sets. I use crunch proof swivels (welded) and welded chain. I learned my lesson with that years ago when we started getting more and more coyote in the areas I trap. They'd bite the chain and/or swivel and be gone.

If you have the ability to weld it can be done with little effort so why not? I do not think it is 100%, absolutely, positively, necessary but it cannot hurt.

·
Registered
436 Posts
i havent, but its not a bad idea. i wouldnt initially think you'd need to, but that was before i've opened one or two up pulling sets at season's end out of frozen ground with the maddock. i wouldnt see a huge need if its takes effort to get done, but if you can with minimal effort then more power to ya. i have a welder myself so its something i might need to think about because the welder and traps are kept in my garage so i could do them all in no time, but for someone who'd have to haul their whole steel collection to a weld shop to have a little tack put on every piece, well....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts