The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on taking my son out with his crossbow friday afternoon and again on saturday in our attempt to get him his first deer. We have hunted a few times so far. We have had success in seeing deer, just not any in range that we could put a shot on. I had moved our blind in an attempt to change the range and opportunities. Now the weather man is calling for some rain, heavier on friday.

Though we will be out of the rain in the blind, the thought of possibly tracking in the rain is not appealing.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
I took tomorrow off as well. Supposed to be on and off rain all day into Saturday. What a way to end or firearms season. No snow here in sw PA the entire season. Maybe we will get some for the late archery season but I am not holding my breath.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Lousy weather here this entire hunting season. Warm throughout most if the archery season, fifth week hurricane. Rain/ snow first Tuesday, and heavy fog here the last couple days. Saved some deer for sure.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
just stick with it, even if its raining the fact of just seeing more deer should keep his intrest.

I like to call it in season scouting, I go anyway even though I dont plan on harvesting anything because weather is bad. and if a deer gives a 10yd and under shot I dont see any reason not to shoot in the rain with an xbow.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far the day is not shaping up too poorly. Decent rain this morning which has just about ended. Hopefully it will hold for the rest of the day. My son and I should be in the blind at about 3. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got washed out. Rain picked up steadily and radar looked even worse. We will try again tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts