The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to camp Saturday afternoon to plant my Fall plots with my buddy. Disced up the plots using the Polaris Sportsman 500. The fields were limed previously and we have great soil conditions. Put down fertilizer as well.
Each field-
25# Winter Wheat
5# Crimson clover
3# Dwarf Essex Rape

Well well...Took my daughter up Tuesday to hang out with Dad before school starts and look what started...!
Had rain after planting and got some more last night...AWESOME!

Funny its a very fine line between Hunter and Farmer! Its a great feeling to see the fruits of your hard labor and money spent. Great feeling to watch the animals benefit from your efforts though. I look forward to sitting over these fields in archery season!
Enjoy and feel free to comment or criticize!
-Scott

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Scott, I'm sure some would criticize, but you'll get none from me. Looks like a great plot and yes, it is fun to watch the critters take advantage of it.

Wish I knew how many hours my Polaris 500 has logged pulling a disc.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bucky-Its an old used disc that I bought at an equipment auction. It functions well and for 75 bucks it does the job and was good for the budget. My advice is to look around and you can pick one up. You don't need to spend 400 on a new ATV one.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I keep looking at all these plot pics and they don't look anything like mine. Where's the rocks?
Looks good. Should feed them well.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Its pretty tough findin a set of discs around my place. We looked for almost a year and a half for a decent set. Found alot on craigslist but most were abused and they still wanted big bucks for em. We bought a new set from tractor supply for 185 bucks but did some major modifications to em.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Good looking soil is right. Good luck with it -looks real good so far. Even got some mature trees around to hunt out of no matter how the wind is blowing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts