The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a small 1/2 acre pond that is being taken over by Cattails, watershield and water lilly's.

I've found a spray that works on the Cattails, but it didn't appear to work on the others.

Anyone have any experience with controlling these weeds?
We don't have much in the way of fish in the pond, ( a few sunnies and goldfish) and i plan on draining it and making it deeper next year.

Looking for something not too expensive.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Sorry, not sure on this one. My only experience is with cattails, and it sounds like you have that part of the issue taken care of.

·
Banned
4,279 Posts
Try this

We have a small 1/2 acre pond that is being taken over by Cattails, watershield and water lilly's.

I've found a spray that works on the Cattails, but it didn't appear to work on the others.

Anyone have any experience with controlling these weeds?
We don't have much in the way of fish in the pond, ( a few sunnies and goldfish) and i plan on draining it and making it deeper next year.

Looking for something not too expensive.

This works on my pond. Reward Landscape And Aquatic Herbicide Syngenta | Forestry Distributing North America's Forest Products Leader

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
We cut the lilies way back in our pond. Never tried killing them. I just get in the water with some shears and cut them off near the root. They will come back....pretty fast. But, that gets me temporary relief.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts