The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know good sites for buying ammo?

I found http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com. Their prices on ammunition is significantly cheaper than Gander Mountain. Has anyone ever used this site? It almost seems too good to be true when a box of Federal 300 Win Mag is almost $20 cheaper than Gander Mountain.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Gander Mountain ammo has always been overpriced.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
go on gunbroker and check out the ammo auctions. a lot are ridiculous but if you watch them you can get some deals. i buy all my ammo off of gunbroker. but you need to buy in quantity because of shipping. i usually buy 5-20 boxes at a time to save on shipping. when you do it that way it is hard to beat for the oddball calibers i buy. of course, the standard cals like 06, 308, 243, etc are best bought at dicks or walmart. never gander. they are a rip.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
As Pumpgunsays, depends upon the cartridge. For 270, 30-30, 243, 308, and '06 tough to beat Dick's with coupons. they usually have great prices on Remington right before hunting season (in standard cartridges).

on non-standards 348, 35 rem, 375 winchester, etc...get it where you can; or reload.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I use palmetto state armory as well as able ammo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts